Hey guys, I am leaving the forum. I’ve been diagnosed with terminal cancer.

On 7/10/2019 at 12:17 PM, SS502 said:

So I’m leaving you all with a bitter battle. I had a heart attack and after many weeks of testing I have terminal cancer. I appreciate all the debates on oil catch cans and my choice of a nice truck. God bless you all.

I’m so sorry to hear this. I’ve always enjoyed your contributions and posts. 

Mark ,

Terrible news. I wish You and Cindy the best along with your boys. You need to be strong for you and them. 

Guys,

I got to be buddies with Mark through this site  He was interested in in my Antique Store my Wife runs , and was looking for a few things and was wondering if I had what he was looking for. Of course I did and a few emails later we made a deal and off to Florida it went in the big brown truck .  A week later another email looking for something else . Boom off to Florida another package . 

His gal loved the items and it made me happy that she was happy..

We continued to email back and forth after that and bs''d about other stuff besides trucks and Antiques. I will miss that 

I'm here to say Mark is a stand up guy and I can only hope the Man upstairs buys him as much time as possible and he don't have to lose the battle. It happens all the time why not?

Thanks Mark.

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Like 3

I just found this thread and although I'm a relatively new member this is initially sad news, however my dad survived his first diagnosis for over five years and his second he went another three. Do your best to not only fight like hell but also be as positive as you can for your family. That's what my dad did and it helps greatly. I do wish you well and as others have said I hope to be reading new posts from you for quite awhile.

You can probably get the best of the best treatment in the USA. Here in Canada the story is not the same with free healthcare. You are no more important that the next guy, even if you are a billionaire you will receive the same treatment. Most wealthy Canadians travel to the US for cancer treatments. Our doctors gave a business owner I work with a 6 month timeline. He opted to pay for treatment in the US and he is still healthy 16 years later. Don't give up, spend everything you have fighting if that is what it takes. Good luck my friend. 

Mark,

I've stayed back on this but felt compelled to respond. I received my treatment at Moffitt in Tampa. It's a ways from you but I stayed on Campus for free at the Hope Lodge. It was nine years this July that I received my last treatment. I've lived a lot longer than anyone would have guessed. Point is, you never know.

Good luck.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Capt Bob said:

Mark,

I've stayed back on this but felt compelled to respond. I received my treatment at Moffitt in Tampa. It's a ways from you but I stayed on Campus for free at the Hope Lodge. It was nine years this July that I received my last treatment. I've lived a lot longer than anyone would have guessed. Point is, you never know.

Good luck.

Way to just say no!!!! Good luck and congrats to you!!