In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

I just bought my 2.7 and couldn’t be happier with it. Anybody else enjoying their 4-banger? 

Scroll down a bit and you’ll see a thread for the “2.7L fan club”

• Haha 1

Just be prepared for all of the responses that don't understand what "fan club" means lol.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By BowtieBobby
      I decided I would make a listing of the all time best Government Motors trucks of all time. I HOPE YALL ARE AWARE THAT THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. BUT I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THIS LIST IS DAMN NEAR PERFECT. I know this because I am a Chevrolet enthusizt. 

List going from best to worst:

1) T1XX-easily the best gm truck gm has ever designed. I love my rst and am thinking about a trail boss due to my love of spacer lifts. 
      2) GMT400-kinda hot tbh it’s just a lil’ uglee 
      3)K2XX-I like the Z71s and Custums
      4) Squarebody-not bad...just a lil’ too square lol
      5) gt900-so hot and reliable af. Honestly I put this above Squarebody. 
      6)trucks made in late 60s to before squarebody (idgaf what they’re called...Dey ugly tho😂😂😂)

honorable mention: el Camino is May B best truck of all time in my correct opinion 
    • By BrooklynBowTie
      What’s the cheapest most efficient 3/5, 4/6 lowering kit or drop for a 2014 Silverado crew cab standard bed 2wd 5.3???
    • By HIBNO
      I dropped a 1988 big block in my 1986 Blazer and went thru the timing chain. Put all back together as always. Tried to fire it up and backfire thru carb. So figured 180 out. Pulled the dot towards each other and re dropped the distributor in and set all up. Still getting same.... I am a seasoned mechanic getting my butt kicked. Help. Thanks. 

• By Gorehamj
      John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      9-11-2019

General Motors has announced that NHTSA is mandating a safety recall for the following vehicles:
      2014-2018 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra Pickups (1500 / 2500 / 3500) 2015-2018 Chevrolet Suburban, Tahoe, GMC Yukon vehicles  2015-2017 Cadillac Escalade  
      NHTSA reports that the amount of vacuum created by the vacuum pump may decrease over time. The group says that as the vacuum level drops, the brake assist decreases, and that this increasing braking effort, extending the distance required to stop the vehicle, thereby increasing the risk of a crash. This new recall covers 3.4 million vehicles. 

The Problem: The brake pump uses engine oil to lubricate itself. If the pump becomes clogged with engine oil sludge the units ability to create vaccum is diminished over time. As a result, braking force and ability also drops. The issue is usually accompanied by a "Service Brake Assist" warning message in the dash. 

The Fix: GM will reprogram the computer that controls the secondary brake assist pump. The secondary pump will now activate at lower speeds and different situations quicker to compensate for any lost output from the main pump. Since the pumps are not failing, GM has decided not to replace them.

GM's number for this recall is N192268490. In compliance with federal law, GM will notify owners, typically by snail mail. GM says that its dealers will reprogram the Electronic Brake Control Module. However, GM has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-630-2438, Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006 or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782.

If you own one of these vehicles and wish to check to see if your vehicle is included (or not) you can do so at this link immediately.

As with every safety recall, customers will not be charged by GM for the needed repairs or modifications. 

NHTSA's public information on this issue indicates that many accidents have been reported to NHTSA including some with injuries. This recall is the result of a NHTSA investigation that lasted nearly a year. In its investigation report, NHTSA noted the following details about the problem:

• By David Acosta
      Theft deterrant light comes on, airbag light comes on, and speed odometer going crazy. All of my gauges basically go crazy on my cluster after 2 minutes of driving. I want to say its the body control module but I also think its the HMI. I need help with this issue. Do i order a new BCM and have it snet in to get programmed to my VIN or take it to the dealer and