After 1 month of owning my new 2019 AT4 without any issues, I had the Nav SD card not installed error. The next day, the nav system went through s long loading process. Since then, with every vehicle startup, I now have a 10-25 second process of the nav system loading before it can be used. Previously, it was always nearly instantaneous. Also, the radio will be randomly self-muted. I brought it to the dealer last week and they did an infotainment system software update claiming to have fixed the problem. Nope, it’s still taking 10-20 seconds to load navigation and the radio was muted this morning. Anyone with 2019 Sierra AT4’s or Denali’s noticing a change in navigation loading, specifically now seeing loading screens where there haven’t been before?  Is this just normal Nav function and somehow, for some reason, I just didn’t have it happen or didn’t notice it the first month? Could GMC pushed an OTA update that now cause the Nav to take longer to load?

F75FD14C-EA25-40A7-8305-6066A46C48A9.jpeg

09ED21A4-7C1E-4593-82B5-785106BC3557.jpeg

Edited by Joshua Pessin

I always get the loading screen as well. Seems typical to me and not a major issue. I 

Not sure if you noticed it before, but if you restart the truck within some period of time, it doesn’t have to reload the Nav.

No idea on the muting part. Never had that issue. There is a setting in the menus that will lower the volume on startup. Perhaps if your volume is too high when you turn it off, the muting is part of the max volume limit taking effect.

Thanks for the input. I wouldn’t have thought the navigation loading time was a big deal at all if it had happened from the very beginning. However, I literally had zero nav screen/map loading times, instant on, the first month I drove the vehicle. Then, suddenly, I had the ‘SD card not installed’ errors then nav/map loading screens ever since. The audio issue is also weird. It’s not that the volume was turned down. When it happens, there is literally no way to get any sound at all other than to change from AM to FM or Sat or visa versa. The truck is at the GMC dealership now and they told me today that GMC 2nd tier technicians told them the radio needed replaced. Not sure it will help with the navigation, we’ll see. 

Edited by Joshua Pessin

• 5 months later...