Lurking and acceleration then felt like someone hit my back end

I was pulling into my driveway going less than 5 miles an hour when I felt an acceleration and Reva of the engine. Then all of a sudden as I continue to move forward it felt like somebody hit the back end like a true car accident there was nothing behind me and I drove into my parking spot. The impact felt so real that I felt like my neck had whiplash. 2019 Silverado high country 

Edited by Eric Casteel

Welcome to the 8spd transmission. 7000 miles and still doing it over here. There is a technical service bulletin for it, but it doesn't really help to much. Check out the class action lawsuit. 

Edited by anthony2558

15 hours ago, anthony2558 said:

Welcome to the 8spd transmission. 7000 miles and still doing it over here. There is a technical service bulletin for it, but it doesn't really help to much. Check out the class action lawsuit. 

Not just an 8 speed thing as my 14 6 speed will do it on occasion. Consider this a working as intended flaw, gm has no concern to fix this issue as evident how it has been prevalent on multiple model years. Imo it has more to do with the terrible tunes these trucks come with than anything else.

• Like 2

Here is a link to a website describing the problem, vehicles and states involved in the class action lawsuit thus far.  There is also a website mentioned to check out.  Hope this helps and good luck.

https://www.classaction.org/gm-8-speed-transmission-defect-lawsuits

On 10/15/2019 at 4:06 AM, Eric Casteel said:

I was pulling into my driveway going less than 5 miles an hour when I felt an acceleration and Reva of the engine. Then all of a sudden as I continue to move forward it felt like somebody hit the back end like a true car accident there was nothing behind me and I drove into my parking spot. The impact felt so real that I felt like my neck had whiplash. 2019 Silverado high country 

I believe the 2019 Silverado high country 6.2 has 10 speed.

On 10/14/2019 at 7:34 PM, anthony2558 said:

Do you happen to know the latest TSB# for the 19’ silverado 8-speed transmission issue? Thanks.