2015 Sierra Denali Trans Failure

7 hours ago, tjaudet829 said:

I was told Friday it would be $3400 to rebuild trans, after my dealership talked with Gm I am on the hook for $1500

Still crappy trans failed 300 miles over warranty but I guess better than nothing.

Plus dealership has had me in a courtesy car the entire time so...I'm sorta ok with it.

I just pray the rebuild lasts at least 100k

I will update when work is complete

Previous buying vehicles with this dealer?  1500.00 out the door after taxes I hope?  The difference I had over the years is watching Chrysler,FERD in same situation HONOR NOTHING AFTER WARRANTY....GM almost always does in a situation like that....It sucks but they do back their shizt far more than any other manufacture imo.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 9:36 PM, mookdoc6 said:

Previous buying vehicles with this dealer?  1500.00 out the door after taxes I hope?  The difference I had over the years is watching Chrysler,FERD in same situation HONOR NOTHING AFTER WARRANTY....GM almost always does in a situation like that....It sucks but they do back their shizt far more than any other manufacture imo.

no bought at different dealer, but all of my service work for 4 years done at this dealership. 
yes I confirmed 1500 out the door. 24 month/24k warranty which does not thrill me cuz that is basically a 1 year warranty with the miles I drive.

currently have several parts on back order... 

Edited by tjaudet829

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Had some contact with dealership this week telling me it would be done....a call a few hours later revealed they did not receive all the parts.  Today I heard the transmission pan was back ordered with no date on when they might get it. 

Brightside, I had to turn in the 2020 Acadia for a 2020 1500 AT4  I guess I get to give next potential next truck a run through for a while.

• Like 2

UPDATE: Had some contact with dealership this week telling me it would be done....a call a few hours later revealed they did not receive all the parts.  Today I heard the transmission pan was back ordered with no date on when they might get it. 
Brightside, I had to turn in the 2020 Acadia for a 2020 1500 AT4  I guess I get to give next potential next truck a run through for a while.

All I hear you say is your going mudding or crawling in the loaner. I am I misunderstanding something? Lol

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Snowcamo said:

All I hear you say is your going mudding or crawling in the loaner. I am I misunderstanding something? Lol

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Loaner = Drive it like you stole it.....

I would be checking out how it goes through deep snow, OP in is Michigan. Ironic, that close to GM, and they can not get parts for his truck.....

• Like 2