2015 Sierra Denali Trans Failure

23 minutes ago, It's Tim said:

Has anyone specified an exact cause for the transmission failure?

just got off the phone with my service tech.  the exact cause is "transmission damage due to transmission fluid pump failure"

wonder if the flush @75k had anything to do with this?

Edited by tjaudet829
added info
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, tjaudet829 said:

just got off the phone with my service tech.  the exact cause is "transmission damage due to transmission fluid pump failure"

If the flush loosened up enough friction material that accumulated in the wrong spot and caused cavitation  it's certainly possible.

If the flush loosened up enough friction material that accumulated in the wrong spot and caused cavitation  it's certainly possible.
Agreed.

Ive often wondered if psi or volume the pump in the fluid machine would cause issues with the pump in the trans.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, tjaudet829 said:

Argue this point with them if they deny claim. When they flush it, its reverse flow i believe so everything thats in the trans filter will flow out.

Say the issue started before you reached 100k which im sure it did. Mine took about 2-3 weeks or so for it to finally go from the first sign. 

• Like 2

The 6l80s are pretty bulletproof, I would almost bet the flush did your trans in. Wow. Good lesson for everybody hear. The powerfum flushes always seem to do more harm than good...

As far as the magneride, I think rock auto has the mrc shocks for a reasonable price. Also, there is a company who makes a bypass kit to fool the system that its functioning properly still so you can run aftermarket shocks.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NWI Denali said:

The 6l80s are pretty bulletproof, I would almost bet the flush did your trans in. Wow. Good lesson for everybody hear. The powerfum flushes always seem to do more harm than good...

As far as the magneride, I think rock auto has the mrc shocks for a reasonable price. Also, there is a company who makes a bypass kit to fool the system that its functioning properly still so you can run aftermarket shocks.

thx, I have a buddy who has already replaced magnaride with std rancho struts and wired in a resistor. I think his cost was $500-600  I will prob go this route

42 minutes ago, tjaudet829 said:

thx, I have a buddy who has already replaced magnaride with std rancho struts and wired in a resistor. I think his cost was $500-600  I will prob go this route

Do Billstein 5100s vs the stock Ranchos. Much better ride and you can adjust the height of the fronts for almost a 2" level.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ozer said:

Do Billstein 5100s vs the stock Ranchos. Much better ride and you can adjust the height of the fronts for almost a 2" level.

awesome, I do have a rough country leveling kit in already so those sound perfect I will look into these! Thanks

So after reading all this what's the best thing to do with the transmission? Just leave it alone and drive it well past 100,000 miles? I have 55,000 on my 15 Sierra and it shifts fine. I had an 06 Silverado that I sold with a 108,000 on it never touched the tranny. Shifted perfectly fine when I sold it. They I guy i sold it to is still driving it to this day.

3 hours ago, 15 Z71 said:

So after reading all this what's the best thing to do with the transmission? Just leave it alone and drive it well past 100,000 miles? I have 55,000 on my 15 Sierra and it shifts fine. I had an 06 Silverado that I sold with a 108,000 on it never touched the tranny. Shifted perfectly fine when I sold it. They I guy i sold it to is still driving it to this day.

Every time I took a vehicle in for service it seemed within the next week something was wrong with it again?  Just changed my oil....spun a rod bearing!  Had my trans flushed 2 months ago now it crapped out!

Something to this?  Or just coincidence......................

Note:  I dump a plethora of CRAP and concoctions into my crankcases over the years....With DI I am the KING of injector cleaners!  I also FLUSH my Transmissions like I have gotten the "Clap" again. 

I am patiently waiting for my AFM and Lifters to eat SHIZT and secondly SCAR my CAM to no end too!  As one of the Millions of GM ecotec V-8 owners I too will never make it past 105K or will the electronics in a "CHEVY" last years...............I hope the starter engages tomorrow?  Probably won't because ALL K-2's have that problem too...........  

3 hours ago, 15 Z71 said:

I'm personally in the camp of either drop the pan and do a drain and refill, or dont touch it at all. Synthetic fluids are so good nowadays anyways and so many vehicles are sold oem with sealed transmissions with no dipsticks with a "lifetime fill" of ATF.

I do fluid services more frequently than the manual says.

Never had a problem.

My used 93 Chevy went over 200 K miles before trans started acting up.

My used 2012 6 speed has 70 K miles on it and has had a pan drop and filter.

Fluid exchange through the trans. dip stick tube twice.

Smooth shifts No clunking

Why neglect the trans?

:)

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, mookdoc6 said:

Every time I took a vehicle in for service it seemed within the next week something was wrong with it again?  Just changed my oil....spun a rod bearing!  Had my trans flushed 2 months ago now it crapped out!

Something to this?  Or just coincidence......................

Note:  I dump a plethora of CRAP and concoctions into my crankcases over the years....With DI I am the KING of injector cleaners!  I also FLUSH my Transmissions like I have gotten the "Clap" again. 

I am patiently waiting for my AFM and Lifters to eat SHIZT and secondly SCAR my CAM to no end too!  As one of the Millions of GM ecotec V-8 owners I too will never make it past 105K or will the electronics in a "CHEVY" last years...............I hope the starter engages tomorrow?  Probably won't because ALL K-2's have that problem too...........  

Yikes!!! I'm at 106K!!!!

:omg:

• Like 1