20 inch wheels vs 22 in wheels

3 hours ago, George Rojas said:

Im sorry no i bought the rims and tires from a friend he had them on 2018 silverado i just  install them as is I did not get them balanced or anything else I just installed them on the truck.  so I assume that's the problem. 

One of 2 problems. First off, 2018 GM truck sensors won't work on the 2019. 2nd is there may not be sensors in those wheels.

4 hours ago, George Rojas said:

Im sorry no i bought the rims and tires from a friend he had them on 2018 silverado i just  install them as is I did not get them balanced or anything else I just installed them on the truck.  so I assume that's the problem. 

Even if they came with sensors installed for the 2018 truck they will not work with your 2019.

If you want the sensors to work you need to buy new sensors and have them installed replacing the sensors in your new wheels, then you have to program the truck to listen to them.

33 minutes ago, Daverado said:

Even if they came with sensors installed for the 2018 truck they will not work with your 2019.

If you want the sensors to work you need to buy new sensors and have them installed replacing the sensors in your new wheels, then you have to program the truck to listen to them.

I see ok thank you for the info i will have to buy new sensors i really  appreciate the feedback.

On 1/15/2020 at 6:17 AM, BigBadSierra said:

20's would have never done this.  Destroyed two that cost 3K to replace on my 16 Sierra

I'm getting new summer rims for my 2018 Silverodo but staying with the stock rim size. The 20's ride better and I don't have to worry about the curbs.

Like other stated way more tire choices. You can buy top of the line tires for the 20's for less then anything that fits the 22 inch rims.

spacer.png

But is it really the rims or was it the driver ??✌️

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I replaced my rims from the 20 inch stock rims to the 22 inch Chevy rims. I put on about 5K miles on the 20s and about 7K miles on the 22s. I drive mostly on the highway so haven't noticed a difference besides the fact that I watch out for the curbs a little more. Also, it is slightly heavier than the 20s. I still have my 20s and plan to change them out during the winter time for when I take it up the mountains because I don't trust these tires in the snow. However, I haven't done it for this season and just kept the 22s on there.

3BDB3E70-5406-45A9-B601-A351668B3066.JPG.c0e8dfcb19a1b6929af03ed721401eeb.JPG

• 6 months later...
On 1/29/2020 at 5:11 PM, Yondu said:

Don't get so defensive, it wasn't meant as a personal attack. It's my opinion big wheels look bad on a truck, sounds like it's yours that big tires look bad on a truck.  If you lowered your truck and put it on 22s and use it for work you're in the .1%. Most trucks with 22s are  bro'd out with a level kit and mud tire super swampers.  Not a scratch in the bed either as the owner doesn't use it. 

I bet you're in one of those warm states too, if you lived where the temp has 150 degree of fluctuation you're roads would be pretty bad and you may rethink those 22s. The roads I drive don't play well with that setup.  

Bro'd out???????????????????

Big wheels are only way to go for me. If there was a way to reprogram speedometer in these new trucks without spending thousands of dollars, I’d have 26s on them. I love huge rims. Makes the truck look very aggressive and more of a sport truck!  
smaller diameter rims and larger mud tires look like a kids “Powerwheels” to me. 

Edited by TNTSilverado

With all other things being equal, lower profile tires will rider firmer/harsher. How much, depends on the particular vehicle and suspension. For example, a good air suspension can compensate quite well. I'd suggest driving a few back-to-back on a dealer lot and it's easily noticeable. Given I'm staying on pavement, I'd normally go 20's for a full-size truck as a good balance between looks and practicality. 

But I went 22's because, you know, "Denali Ultimate." 

Edited by omegafiler

On 10/29/2020 at 10:00 AM, Wmoor004 said:

Bro'd out???????????????????

The truck the bro's drive.  The guys that have popped collars, call their buds bro.  They usually wear Oakley sunglasses, love Affliction.  There trucks are lifted, 22 or 24's with mud tires and really low offset. You might find them with multi color headlights and highly customized trucks that in their attempt to make them look tough made them quiet fragile.  Look under the truck for 10" lift blocks too.  More often than not the truck is white for some reason...clean I think?  They love black wheels with machined accent, or all chrome.

There will typically be a visor or a unworn ballcap of some sort hanging from the rear view too.  

• Haha 1