Infotainment Screen Black When Using Remote Start

On 9/25/2020 at 6:42 AM, T.han90 said:

Let me know what they say because All of the above is what mine is doing plus auto stop has stopped working too 

Well took it in and they were confused Saturday’s is usually for oil changes only so than why did you schedule me today?.... they’ll look at it Monday and diagnose it they think it’s more complex than just a battery issue they want to keep it for the day and go over it all

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the shop has had mine for 2 days and as you can expect nothing has been found as of yet. They say batteries tested good, cables pass resistance test and all cables are tight. Mechanic is periodically going by truck and remote starting. None of the symptoms have happened since jumping it off. They are saying it possibly went through reset. They are keeping it tell Tuesday and will let y’all know more then.

On 9/26/2020 at 9:11 AM, T.han90 said:

Well took it in and they were confused Saturday’s is usually for oil changes only so than why did you schedule me today?.... they’ll look at it Monday and diagnose it they think it’s more complex than just a battery issue they want to keep it for the day and go over it all

Welp went to go start it today and won’t start dead battery and every service message you can think of popped up 

20 minutes ago, T.han90 said:

Welp went to go start it today and won’t start dead battery and every service message you can think of popped up 

Take pictures to show service Dept. I wish I would have taken pics and video to show them. Is your Silverado a 2500HD?

Edited by MJK
Wrong info

20 minutes ago, MJK said:

Take pictures to show service Dept. I wish I would have taken pics and video to show them. Is your Silverado a 2500HD?

Wish I could’ve nothing wants to pop up now it’s a dead brick in driveway, 2020 1500 rst 4800 miles on it. Keep reading UBEC bolts not tight enough has been the issue for a lot of people with electrical issues 

On 9/25/2020 at 5:42 AM, T.han90 said:

Let me know what they say because All of the above is what mine is doing plus auto stop has stopped working too 

So I picked up my truck today after it being in the shop for 6 days. They did an update that was to fix the black screen after remote start. It seems to be fixed.They thought that the USB port was faulty because I had a problem with Apple CarPlay not working. So it was changed out and still have a problem with the Radio recognizing my phone. They plugged a test device into the port and still no recognition. I need the truck tell next Wednesday and will bring back in for them to call and work with Tech support. Mechanic believes it is the radio. It will also show phone is connected by Bluetooth and will not play media even though phone says it is. Will check back in next week.

31 minutes ago, MJK said:

So I picked up my truck today after it being in the shop for 6 days. They did an update that was to fix the black screen after remote start. It seems to be fixed.They thought that the USB port was faulty because I had a problem with Apple CarPlay not working. So it was changed out and still have a problem with the Radio recognizing my phone. They plugged a test device into the port and still no recognition. I need the truck tell next Wednesday and will bring back in for them to call and work with Tech support. Mechanic believes it is the radio. It will also show phone is connected by Bluetooth and will not play media even though phone says it is. Will check back in next week.

interesting, I get mine back tomorrow it’s been in since Monday they said it was a bad module and that there is a new recent update said they updated the system too.

My screen went black after remote starting a few weeks ago. Once I shut off and restarted the screen returned to normal. No other issues at the time. Haven't driven my truck in a week. Went out to start the truck and nothing. Tried to jump start it and nothing but clicking. Going to give the dealer a call in the AM.

53 minutes ago, 1fast ss said:

My screen went black after remote starting a few weeks ago. Once I shut off and restarted the screen returned to normal. No other issues at the time. Haven't driven my truck in a week. Went out to start the truck and nothing. Tried to jump start it and nothing but clicking. Going to give the dealer a call in the AM.

There is a recent update for this issue.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 8:57 PM, MJK said:

There is a recent update for this issue.

Hopefully, I get my truck back tomorrow. Dealership told me they completed a software update and everything checks out fine. They want to keep it overnight to make sure. I hope the problem is solved.

• 2 months later...

I had my 2020 2500HD HC in for oil change and the next morning after remote start, the infotainment would not come on.  The infotainment used to come on when on ACC or engine start from the ignition, but would not any more.  I called the dealership and two "Master Technicians"  stated this is how it is supposed to work.  According to them, you have to shut the truck off and start it from the ignition to get the infotainment system to come on.  

So, after being tongue-lashed by the dealership, I decided to reset the truck by pulling the negative terminals and low and behold, the infotainment comes on without turning off the truck now.    "Master Mechanics" can't know everything, but this back-yard shade-tree mechanic go to move on all electronic issues is pull the battery.  I hope the rumored upcoming update fixes these glitches for good.

• 4 weeks later...

Two days after my truck was parked wouldn’t start. Boosted it and drive it to dealer. Took them three hours to figure out what you guys all told me. Updated from version 148 to V150. Seems to be working great now. My advice is if this happens to you before you let truck sit ensure you have restarted manually or will die. Thanks again everyone. 

9 hours ago, Berta403 said:

Two days after my truck was parked wouldn’t start. Boosted it and drive it to dealer. Took them three hours to figure out what you guys all told me. Updated from version 148 to V150. Seems to be working great now. My advice is if this happens to you before you let truck sit ensure you have restarted manually or will die. Thanks again everyone. 

i wonder if this  is the new update that is supposed to be over the air that seems like nobody has gotten yet

4 hours ago, kylant said:

i wonder if this  is the new update that is supposed to be over the air that seems like nobody has gotten yet

I’m not sure but it should if it’s causing this many issues. Took them 3 hours following  gms procedures before getting to the update.