So, not sure if I'm the only one who has this issue at 130,061 miles but for some reason one night my truck was shifting pretty harsh, keep in mind this is the first time it's done this. I was far from home so I just drove home because I didn't have the money to have it towed nor was I going to leave it out here for looters to break into. Drove it home and just down the street from my house the truck just did not want to drive. It wouldn't go into Drive or Reverse, had to push her heavy ass home. Next day I decided to see if she'll budge and long behold it actually went into gear and I was able to move it where I usually park it. I did not take it for a drive afraid it would happen again. Anyone know what could've caused it to just stop going into gear and then now it will. Seems odd to me. 

2 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

What transmission do you have?  When was the last time the fluid was checked or changed?

It was changed about 30k miles ago unless the shop lied to me. My truck has the 6L80

1 hour ago, Snowcamo said:

Add towing to your insurance. Its like an extra 10 bucks.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Lol thanks but the truck is already at my house so that won't do me any good now, would it?

5 minutes ago, flyingfool said:

have you deleted the tranny thermostat yet?

you might have overheated the trans and it could have gone into safe mode to minimize  destruction.

No I haven't deleted it and your right I might have but it was just so random to me. I do go to the track every now and then but I never had issues like this when racing. This happened on a normal drive, wasn't doing pulls or anything. But that does make sense as to why it just didn't want to drive that night and now it will. 

Edited by Brianx220

11 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:

It will in the future. Best investment i made. With nationwide i get 100 miles a year free

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

You do have a point there. Thanks

5 hours ago, flyingfool said:

there are a few failsafes programmed into these trucks, if its working now and shifts fine, sounds like an overheat protection in the TCU. 

So would you agree that if I just do a full trans oil change it should be fine after the failsafe was tripped?