A very long time. Its a new engine and there's not many out there. It's also very complex and monitored heavily be sensors. I'm sure someone will make a CAI that does nothing, but years until real upgrades. I'd love to see someone delete one; I bet it gets 35MPG but that's a long way out.

6 hours ago, CP312 said:

Especially with the epa cracking down on diesel tuning I’d expect it will be a ways out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This ^.  I came to my Silverado (5.3 TB) from a Ram EcoDiesel.  A year ago there was a healthy aftermarket for performance tuning.  In the fall of this year they were all shut down by the EPA.  I dont see this happening without a change in the EPA (not likely).

This ^.  I came to my Silverado (5.3 TB) from a Ram EcoDiesel.  A year ago there was a healthy aftermarket for performance tuning.  In the fall of this year they were all shut down by the EPA.  I dont see this happening without a change in the EPA (not likely).

Some places are doing EPA compliant tuning but you miss out on deleting and all the cool diesel sounds you used to get. Pretty sure I’m going 6.2 and waiting for a Procharger [emoji16]

1 minute ago, CP312 said:

Some places are doing EPA compliant tuning but you miss out on deleting and all the cool diesel sounds you used to get. Pretty sure I’m going 6.2 and waiting for a Procharger emoji16.png

Yup.  Talking to Green Diesel Engineering (the major EcoDiesel tuner) the EPA kicked down their doors and pretty much shut it all down.  I had just down an CPU swap prior to this after the EPA settlement retune with Ram.  The EPA compliant options are not really showing that great of gains.  I loved my 1/2 diesel but went back to a gasser after moving 10 minutes away from work (the diesel trucks need to be warmed up and run).

• Like 1

Diesel-Brothers fines certainly aren't going to encourage others to jump into the diesel tuning /modifications supply business.

One of many stories:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a31399622/diesel-brothers-reality-tv-fined/

Edited by redwngr
  • Like 1

On ‎2020‎-‎03‎-‎23 at 6:38 PM, KeysRyder said:

About the only thing I could see coming is a free flowing exhaust.   But then again the little 3.0 may sound like crap with it.

With the DPF in place the sound won't change one little bit, it's just for looks. 

I was going to put a cutout ahead of the muffler until I looked under and saw no muffler. Strait piped from the factory!(how are we supposed to pass visual inspection when the time comes?) A chambered muffler might help but I think the biggest change in sound will be from an increase in pipe size to 3.5" or 4" but then you might have to worry about room. The stock pipe runs between the def tank and the driveshaft where a muffler would normally be and it's a tight spot. 

18 minutes ago, majorpayne said: