Just like the 6.6 dmax, the turbo, scr and dpf make it quiet enough that there is no muffler or resonator.

On the 6.6 the emission stuff is under the truck.

On the 3.0 it's in the engine bay. 

Visual inspection will require opening the hood....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would think someone like Edge and Banks could get us a little more though with emissions intact.  Even a 50HP and maybe 50-100TQ gain would be substantial.  I am not looking for the 200HP/350TQ gains we see with our big brothers as I have had numerous 6.6s.

S&B is working on an intake, nothing for bolt on exhaust either so going custom is the only way but I would wait on that. I did a 4" filter back system and it hardly made a difference sound wise. Not worth the time/money in my opinion

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am awaiting the S&B intake.

The exhaust is a straight pipe already, so there's no changing that.

AG diesel or whomever has some box out that adds power but it has two connectors ( i believe) and it just seems like a basic fooler box. those never work out as expected over time. 

Banks is the one to watch as they understand how things work (watch their l5p comparison with the edge unit)

I emailed Banks a couple weeks ago and the response was "support is coming around next Summer". Hopefully that means Summer 2021 and not 2022. I'd get that and the S&B intake when it is out, even if the intake is basically for sound. Hoping they (Banks) can bring the LM2 up over 300hp and 500 lb/ft. Deleted diesels sound cool but not sure I'd want to go messing with that stuff.

I've been running one for about 1500 miles with about 85% of those are highway cruising.  It does make a noticeable increase in power but I haven't dynoed or timed it so how much I can't say. Playing with it Durning normal cruise I can't really tell a difference when changing to different settings. The mpg economy screen in the dash is reporting about 2 mpgs better than before I had it installed, so it is doing something, but I haven't hand calculated the mileage to verify that either(not really concerned with mileage). As a side note, I've been using sport mode more often since install, but even leaving the transmission in normal mode you can feel it has more power down low. I have yet to try manually shifting and just let the transmission do its thing in either mode.

I did log some via HPtuners and I can't really see a noticeable increase in egt but I'm no pro especially when it comes to diesel.

Over all it will hold me over until real tuning is available and im satisfied with it. Might jump over to the Banks Derringer once it's available if HPtuners still hasnt cracked the ecm by then, and sell this since the Derringer is supposed to keep the extra power longer. Check out the comparison video Banks does on the Derringer vs the other guys on the L5P if you haven't watched it already. I suspect that similar things are happening with the LM2.

Edited by dram1983361
grammar
  • Like 2

On 1/5/2021 at 6:35 AM, kpromero said:

Looks like trash.

*Stock
*15 HP - Heavy Tow
*30 HP - Best Mileage and Tow
*45 HP - Mileage and Light Tow

Heavy towing, lets add 15hp.  LOL.   Am I reading that right?