Hey Yall, Im brand new to the forum but not to the brand. Ive been a Chevy guy my whole life and just now reaching out to the community to get some helpful advice. 
I JUST bought a 2018 Silverado WT (5th Silverado Ive owned). I got an extremely good deal on it and was looking to throw some cash since I saved so much on the purchase. 
I wanted to start with the exterior before tackling the interior. It has the black WT trim bumper and grille on it currently. Wondering how much work it takes to swap it for the higher trim bumper packages? Looking for reliable vendors, parts, etc. 
Besides replacing the wheels, tires, and mirrors, I believe that is all I will need to make the exterior look like the LTZ package (High Country Maybe?), but any more tips and hints will be great.

Are there any threads on swapping the interior? Bucket seat conversion, Entertainment console, Center console, Door panels, audio system, the whole 9 yards.
Also looking for threads on leveling kits with tire size and what not. So if there are any helpful threads please let me know. 

Going to the 8inch screen and Denali cluster alone is north of 2 grand maybe almost 3. It’s usually much cheaper to get it from factory the way you want it. There is also threads on here for everything you listed. Type it into google or the search and they will pop up.

Seats, door panels will have different wiring. That wiring supports seat memory whereas yours won’t. So IF you want to use the panels, you’ll want to swap all electronics over - specifically, the harnesses. For the buttons, the passenger window button will also be different.

For mirrors, same thing - you cannot use the door harnesses because of the memory vs non-memory differences.

For seats - same thing. The new driver seat will have a memory module. I build seat memory bypass harness for that. Here are some links to various harnesses that might needed for seat swap.

https://harnessdr.com/product-category/seat-upgrade/

Check out each link for the descriptions and needs.

For the jump seat -> full center console, I have solutions for that as well. Depends on year of truck and current radio system.

HarnessDR.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jglew82 said:

[mention]Frankielozano214 [/mention] has done an LT to LTZ/Denali.

? I had Phil do my installation he’s the man not me, gotta give it to Phil he knows his sh!+ 

LTZ/Denali ? yeah I needa redo my headrest ASAP ? 

Edited by Frankielozano214

[emoji23] I had Phil do my installation he’s the man not me, gotta give it to Phil he knows his sh!+ 

LTZ/Denali [emoji38] yeah I needa redo my headrest ASAP [emoji23] 

Oh yeah, my mistake. You’re the one running the “chop shop.” [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Seats, door panels will have different wiring. That wiring supports seat memory whereas yours won’t. So IF you want to use the panels, you’ll want to swap all electronics over - specifically, the harnesses. For the buttons, the passenger window button will also be different.

For mirrors, same thing - you cannot use the door harnesses because of the memory vs non-memory differences.

For seats - same thing. The new driver seat will have a memory module. I build seat memory bypass harness for that. Here are some links to various harnesses that might needed for seat swap.

https://harnessdr.com/product-category/seat-upgrade/

Check out each link for the descriptions and needs.

For the jump seat -> full center console, I have solutions for that as well. Depends on year of truck and current radio system.

HarnessDR.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil, Thank you. 
All this information really helps!

7 hours ago, Frankielozano214 said:

If u mean I buy parts and sell them to y’all, u call it want u what -_- 

I'm just messing with you because of the dudes in the other forum, brother. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tmo said:

Going to the 8inch screen and Denali cluster alone is north of 2 grand maybe almost 3. It’s usually much cheaper to get it from factory the way you want it. There is also threads on here for everything you listed. Type it into google or the search and they will pop up.

I had an idea it was going to be this expensive, but the deal I got on this truck was incredible. Bought it from an Oil & Gas company that needed to sell off some of its assets. Even if I threw 5 to 7 grand into it, it would still be more expensive to buy a used LTZ.  And I get a project to keep me busy. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CBesh157 said:

I had an idea it was going to be this expensive, but the deal I got on this truck was incredible. Bought it from an Oil & Gas company that needed to sell off some of its assets. Even if I threw 5 to 7 grand into it, it would still be more expensive to buy a used LTZ.  And I get a project to keep me busy. 

Another thing to consider.  Some configurations of the WT model will determine how easy/hard the radio upgrade will be.  There are IOB, IO3, IO4, IO5, IO6 Radio configs.  The 8" screen that you see on the LT and higher trucks are IO5 or IO6 (IO5 is non-nav, while IO6 is nav).  IO3 and IO4 are the smaller screen.  IOB is the 7" screen.  IO3/IOB have a large more complicated upgrade path while IO4 has simpler one.  You'll still need new hardware and programming, so when I say "simpler", I really mean doable ? 

I would do these upgrades in phases so that you don't have the truck completely torn apart trying to do it all one time.  Troubleshooting issues becomes more complex too when you have multiple layers of variability. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Another thing to consider.  Some configurations of the WT model will determine how easy/hard the radio upgrade will be.  There are IOB, IO3, IO4, IO5, IO6 Radio configs.  The 8" screen that you see on the LT and higher trucks are IO5 or IO6 (IO5 is non-nav, while IO6 is nav).  IO3 and IO4 are the smaller screen.  IOB is the 7" screen.  IO3/IOB have a large more complicated upgrade path while IO4 has simpler one.  You'll still need new hardware and programming, so when I say "simpler", I really mean doable ? 

I would do these upgrades in phases so that you don't have the truck completely torn apart trying to do it all one time.  Troubleshooting issues becomes more complex too when you have multiple layers of variability. 

Well Shoot. It has the 7inch screen in it right now. 
What would be a good starting point for the Interior? Im assuming that the exterior will be easier to knock out, so I plan on doing a few things there first. 

I too got a "good deal" on a work truck and love projects. I have upgraded to an aftermarket radio with GPS and am satisfied with the hundreds (several) that I saved. Now I need to upgrade the DIC to the enhanced display. I know I will need to swap the steering wheel and do a little wiring. I had the IO3 radio and haven't looked but don't think I have An HMI module. Since a lot of stuff has to work together for all of this to work can anyone who has done this mod tell me what I need in addition to the cluster and the steering wheel? I also have the manual shift transfer case. Will it work with the enhanced cluster?