XM radio shutting off

daveor

I have a 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 with 3.0 diesel, Sometimes when I shut the truck off and then get back and start it up,, the radio says the satellite is lost, trying to reconnect, but it won't until I shut the motor off and get out of the truck or at least wait at least 2 minutes or more with the motor and radio off,, then restart and the radio works fine,, this only happens with xm,, fm and am work fine,, I have contacted my dealer and they say it must be xm,,, contacted xm,, they say it must them the radio, It doesn't do this all the time,, just once in a while,,, no matter how long I drive with it saying it is trying to reconnect, it never does,, wondering, Am I the only one having this problem? Not sure who to talk to next,,, any ideas? Thanks 

• Like 1

My truck had constant sat radio drop outs... so annoying and the only thing the dealer can do is reset or update the unit. I called Sirius and they did something on their end and now I rarely have the issue where before it was guaranteed to mess up at least once per drive.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

I have a 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 with 3.0 diesel, Sometimes when I shut the truck off and then get back and start it up,, the radio says the satellite is lost, trying to reconnect, but it won't until I shut the motor off and get out of the truck or at least wait at least 2 minutes or more with the motor and radio off,, then restart and the radio works fine,, this only happens with xm,, fm and am work fine,, I have contacted my dealer and they say it must be xm,,, contacted xm,, they say it must them the radio, It doesn't do this all the time,, just once in a while,,, no matter how long I drive with it saying it is trying to reconnect, it never does,, wondering, Am I the only one having this problem? Not sure who to talk to next,,, any ideas? Thanks 

This happened to me the other day! Exact thing! Went to the mall, came out started truck an worked fine! Hasn’t happened since!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had this exact issue this past weekend. First time. 

2 restarts later it worked fine, and has been fine since. 

Mine started when I got gas under a big overhang. 

The first restart was wide open, and the issue continued.

The second restart was a few miles down the road, and it reconnected fine. 

Same issue here, happens way too often with XM.  But I also have the issue where about once a week (and seems to be getting worse, didn't do this at all the first 4-5 months) I have NO SOUND at all, from ANY source (AM/FM/Sirius/USB Pandora, etc)...yesterday, it took 3 restarts until the sound would come back?? 

If it's doing it with XM only, call Sirius and ask them to reboot the signal to your radio.  Sirius is the only game in town for satellite radio.  Any company that has a monopoly has zero incentive to provide high quality.  I constantly threaten to download 250 songs to a thumb drive and tell Sirius to pound salt.   

Edited by LowCountryDenali

1 hour ago, LowCountryDenali said:

If it's doing it with XM only, call Sirius and ask them to reboot the signal to your radio.  Sirius is the only game in town for satellite radio.  Any company that has a monopoly has zero incentive to provide high quality.  I constantly threaten to download 250 songs to a thumb drive and tell Sirius to pound salt.   

I'm with you.

Between Pandora, CarPlay, Spotify, etc. I probably won't renew when my sub expires. 

The did offer 3 additional months after my new vehicle 3 month trial for $5.... which I did take.... but doubtful I will renew again.....

I've had my truck 3 months/3,000 miles.  It did it starting day 3 of ownership and has got worse.  It is always during the first start up of the day heading to work, no xm.  Go out for lunch and works fine.  Frustrating.  It might be a gm software issue.

On 10/13/2020 at 5:51 PM, daveor said:

Mine does the same thing.  A couple times I had to send a radio refresh from the XM website when turning the truck off didn't help.  Happens about once a month.

I have had the same issue since day 1.   Very sporadic, but at least once a week -  am/fm work, but Sirius/xm says signal lost.   

I'm sure the dealer, and Sirius will both claim that they never heard of this before.   never had any issues with all my previous vehicles (leased)

On 10/13/2020 at 5:51 PM, daveor said:

Mine did this for the first time on Monday. I turned the truck on and off, still no signal. I just got some work done at the dealership so I asked them. They said contact SiriusXM. 

I got in my truck and thought, it’s a computer, let’s reset it. I went through the settings until I located the open apps. I forced closed SiriusXM and then opened it back up. It worked perfectly. 

it’s definitely a radio software issue. Force close the app and it will immediately work. FYI my 2019 never done this, only my new 2020 Trail Boss has had this issue.