Click tick coming from inside transmission

Hello im new to this forum. I have been searching for silimar sounds my truck is making on here but i can't seem to find one. So my truck is a 2020 silverado rst 5.3 8 speed crewcab 4x4 and has 1,600 miles. It makes this clicking sound similar to a clock. I went underneath the truck to listen for the sound and it appears to be coming from transmission area. Any thoughts of what the sound is? Ill attach a sound clip. Its a cold start but it also does it when its warmed up.

my 2018 has that... been like that from day one i think...  I just did a transmission filter and fluid change at 39K.  All was good.  For now, don't worry.  Keep ear on it and see if you have any issues with driving.

1 hour ago, 14LTZ-1LZ said:

Make an appointment with your Dealer have them take a look at it. Don't ignore it. If its nothing it will be documented, if its something you'll  be glad you made the appointment. 

Yeah its the dealer now. Its pretty disheartening that a brand new truck makes these noise with only 2,000 miles on it.heres another video 

26 minutes ago, Fortino510 said:

Yeah its the dealer now. Its pretty disheartening that a brand new truck makes these noise with only 2,000 miles on it.heres another video 

That sounds worst than the previous video. Something is not right. Keep us updated. 

7 minutes ago, steelerdude15 said:

My truck also makes the clicking noise. I spoke to a mechanic and he told me that the clicking noise is from a solenoid that just makes that noise and not to worry about it. I haven't had any issues with it.

I can maybe accept the clicking...But this loud tapping sounds like a lifter is not getting enough oil on a cold start.

11 hours ago, Fortino510 said:

I can maybe accept the clicking...But this loud tapping sounds like a lifter is not getting enough oil on a cold start.

I don't have the necessary plug in on my MacBook to play your video, but what brand of oil are you using? (I'm not turning this into an oil debate because this forum sees enough of that already) We used Valvoline in my girlfriend's Sentra and it had valve tap. We switched to Mobil 1 and the tapping went away.

20 minutes ago, steelerdude15 said:

I don't have the necessary plug in on my MacBook to play your video, but what brand of oil are you using? (I'm not turning this into an oil debate because this forum sees enough of that already) We used Valvoline in my girlfriend's Sentra and it had valve tap. We switched to Mobil 1 and the tapping went away.

I used 0w20  amsoil signature series on my first change at 1,500 miles.. currenty has 2,500

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 11/3/2020 at 12:01 PM, Fortino510 said:

Hello im new to this forum. I have been searching for silimar sounds my truck is making on here but i can't seem to find one. So my truck is a 2020 silverado rst 5.3 8 speed crewcab 4x4 and has 1,600 miles. It makes this clicking sound similar to a clock. I went underneath the truck to listen for the sound and it appears to be coming from transmission area. Any thoughts of what the sound is? Ill attach a sound clip. Its a cold start but it also does it when its warmed up.

How do u post a video on here