I have a 2021 Elevation with this problem. It seems that most times it's using the remote that causes this. I have had 2 remote start failures as well. 

I have also noticed that it will not be able to find the content on a USB stick sometimes. Also the USB port can get extreamly hot when using a USB stick (32 GB if that matters).

I am taking it to the dealer next week.

not only does my equalizer go back to 0 but the maximum startup volume goes back to 0 and the audio feedback changes, auto volume goes back to none........ this is on a 2021 infotainment 3 system.

On 4/30/2021 at 5:38 PM, Random said:

These are the steps I followed to reset the radio in my truck:

1) Browse the radio menu's to Settings > System > Return to Factory Settings

2) Select Reset Vehicle Settings

3) Wait to reset

4) Select Erase Settings and Personal Data

5) Profit

I reset my radio on 4/16/21 and I haven't had a problem since.

Reset worked for me.

Levels have not reverted back to 0 since performing factory setting reset (almost 3 weeks). Simple "fix" for an annoying issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning all,

I work in the Service Department at a GM Dealer. We have a customer with this same concern and as of April 20th, GM Technical Assistance made us change the radio and it failed.

As of May 7, 2021 they released a Document (PIT5839A) that describes your exact concern. It is currently under investigation by engineering looking for a permanent solution.

GM requires us to verify the radio software is version V135118 (the problem only occurs with that software). If so it is requiring you to perform a radio reset by selecting “Erase settings and personal data” under the “Restore to factory settings.” 

They do inform us this may only be a temporary solution; thus GM looking for the root cause.

Will keep ya updated.

Edited by MattWyatt69
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, MattWyatt69 said:

Good morning all,

I work in the Service Department at a GM Dealer. We have a customer with this same concern and as of April 20th, GM Technical Assistance made us change the radio and it failed.

As of May 7, 2022 they released a Document (PIT5839A) that describes your exact concern. It is currently under investigation by engineering looking for a permanent solution.

GM requires us to verify the radio software is version V135118 (the problem only occurs with that software). If so it is requiring you to perform a radio reset by selecting “Erase settings and personal data” under the “Restore to factory settings.” 

They do inform us this may only be a temporary solution; thus GM looking for the root cause.

Will keep ya updated.

Thanks for the info and "Welcome" to the forum!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2021 Trailboss custom and same issue here, I'm losing my equalizer settings everytime I shut the truck off, my dealer said they haven't heard of this issue, I can't find the (user profile) to see if the dealership set it up but my truck is just the basic model, does or has anybody figured this problem out yet?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I did a factory reset and have not had any issues in 3 weeks.  The dealership was confused by this working but was aware it was a problem.  Told me GM was working on the issue and trying to get a new software fix out there.  I think their resources could have been better spent on just letting the dealership know that a factory reset of the radio fixes the issue.

• 2 weeks later...