When a dealer messes up a factory ordered truck

So after waiting 17 weeks my wife's new 2021 Yukon XL Denali 3.0L diesel has shown up. Very nice! Trouble is it doesn't match the bill of sale.

We ordered midnight blue with jet black interior and a white unit shows up...

So far there has been no offer of admission of the screw up. Just oh well we can order another one. This time with all the chip delays, 5 to 7 months... ya, no thanks.

They have attempted to pin this on me and I have said this is a you problem, not a me problem. Deaf ears.

Not sure what to do here. Has this ever happened to anyone before?

2 hours ago, ArrowsmithPML said:

So after waiting 17 weeks my wife's new 2021 Yukon XL Denali 3.0L diesel has shown up. Very nice! Trouble is it doesn't match the bill of sale.

We ordered midnight blue with jet black interior and a white unit shows up...

So far there has been no offer of admission of the screw up. Just oh well we can order another one. This time with all the chip delays, 5 to 7 months... ya, no thanks.

They have attempted to pin this on me and I have said this is a you problem, not a me problem. Deaf ears.

Not sure what to do here. Has this ever happened to anyone before?

Were you ever given a VIN on the Midnight Blue SUV during the build/ buying process?

If it does not match, it is on them, but not really sure what could be done, short of tracking down the MB one if it actually exists. 

• Like 1

My bill of sale / contract is signed by both parties. I'd say that is pretty solid. They don't seem to care, and I can see their point as they can easily sell it to someone else. 

For the record there isn't any MB Denalis anywhere.

41 minutes ago, ArrowsmithPML said:

My bill of sale / contract is signed by both parties. I'd say that is pretty solid. They don't seem to care, and I can see their point as they can easily sell it to someone else. 

For the record there isn't any MB Denalis anywhere.

Does the VIN from your paperwork match , White one, or MB ordered?

Did they keep you in the loop when it was being built, providing a VIN number when it hit that stage of the build?

If you can prove it is the wrong rig that was delivered, maybe something can be done???

Edited by JimCost2014
  • Like 1

You just answered the question.  They can sell that in a heartbeat and dont care.  I know where there is a blue XL and a blue regular one.  One in NJ and XL on long island.  Pretty  well equipped.

The yukon is at Pointe GMC in NJ and the XL I thinking of the name.  Found both on the GMC site though, available inventory.

Pretty sure my wife would not have driven it home if it was the wrong color.

At this specific point in time, the dealer probably doesn't care at all. But it would be interesting if you can prove there was an error made. If salesman entered wrong color when ordering, not much can be expected now unless out of the goodness of their heart. But you have already found out they don't seem to care about you now that they have your money. And unless you want to wait for a new one to show up, what are you even looking for?

You can try to talk to a manger and mention your ability to leave negative reviews on all of their socials and see if he has any interest in helping you out. I'm in this to hear the outcome.

Friend had same thing happen on a Sierra Denali HD.  Ordered red to match his other company trucks and a white one came in.   Dealer had no excuse, just plain screwed up the order.  He looked and found one what he wanted at Laura GMC and told the dealer to shove it.   Funny thing though, the dealer knew darn well every truck he bought in the last 20 yrs were red of which he has about a 1/2 doz GM's. 

2 hours ago, Pawg said:

You just answered the question.  They can sell that in a heartbeat and dont care.  I know where there is a blue XL and a blue regular one.  One in NJ and XL on long island.  Pretty  well equipped.

The yukon is at Pointe GMC in NJ and the XL I thinking of the name.  Found both on the GMC site though, available inventory.

Yes, a bit of a commute... haha

• 3 weeks later...

We took it but I got what I wanted out of the deal. 

Now with only 585km on the clock I get a warning the DEF is low and yet it was fine today when driving it. I love sensors. 

Anyway, it is nice to drive, assuming this isn't a budding problem.