Need a simple solution for black screen

2014 silverado wt radio and hmi upgraded to i06

This truck never had a back up camera. Upgraded from i04 to i06 via hmi. installed proper back up camera in tailgate, plugged in to RC port. BUT

The error from the ecu indicate that the line is open. So, my thought is that the wiring is not there. I was told if the grey and yellow wire are there its there, but even if it is from the back to front, it might not be across the front to the unit.  I was temped to use a harness that would plug into that plug and add a simple rca add.

So I have a black screen with  directional lines that work. Then it goes black and days service required.

I took it to the dealer, they want 1200 to do it all. uh, no. I need a simple solution. help guys. please.

Edited by TMINTN
more info

• TMINTN changed the title to Need a simple solution for black screen

I had an electrician test it an you are right. No power. Which leads me to think it's not prewired at all. So anyone have any idea what wire harness I need? And where to plug it into?

From all I've read, your harness should be prewired for everything except the 12V power for the camera when in reverse. 

For the reverse lights, you want to tap the 12V positive to one of the lights (you can also tap the trailer reverse light for this). I'm not sure which one this is, but you should be able to tell quickly with a multimeter.

I know which wire on the truck to use for power what I don't know is which wire on the camera plug is power. Either the wire color or pin number? Due to the frame I can't get to the plug on the truck to test. Can't take the mod off cause can't get to both bolts. So I need to know on the actual plug the pin number or wire color. Thank you!

Edited by TMINTN
forgot to give the why