How much HP will my 10 bolt rear end take

a lot depends on how you plan to drive it. burn outs and donuts will stress it no matter what hp. I ran them in circle track cars  with around 400hp and never had a problem other than a broken axle flange even with the spider gears welded together

5 hours ago, Peter Bowker said:

How much HP will my 10 bolt rear end take

The 8.6" Saginaw 10-Bolt is rated for 3,829 foot pounds of torque.  This is different than engine torque.  I gather that the maximum horsepower and torque these things can take is about 350 horses and 350 foot pounds of torque.

I write that because the 355 horse/383 torque 5.3s get 12-bolt axles and the older 6.2s with 400 horses and 417 torque get the 14-bolt semi-floater that is rated for 4,993.

People are putting down 600+ horsepower through a 10 bolt all the time.

The factory G80 won't hold that but that is an easy swap for a Eaton Tru-Trac that will handle the power. If you wanna get spicy you can weld the axle tubes to the diff housing and then upgrade the axle shafts.

If everything is all stock, I'd say above 400-450hp you are just hoping the G80 doesn't give you problems when traction is an issue.

Drive line components are selected for anticipated use, the easy way may be to call Chevy Customer service 1 800 888 1020, they provide more than service for current buyers, they have access to ALL KINDS of engineering data, old vehicle parts sources, authorized reproduction parts, it's very cool what they have access to....  check it out.