2019 Sierra 1500 and AMSOIL OE Fuel Efficient ATF vs Signature Series compatibility?

Has anyone else used the AMSOIL OE ATF over the Signature Series in their 8 Speed? Any issues? Looking to get a flush done soon and want to make sure the fluid is compatible. I'd rather not shell out $300 CAD for the signature series when the OE will do.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, LightProbs said:

Has anyone else used the AMSOIL OE ATF over the Signature Series in their 8 Speed? Any issues? Looking to get a flush done soon and want to make sure the fluid is compatible. I'd rather not shell out $300 CAD for the signature series when the OE will do.

Thanks.

Just had the TSB done on mine, Mobil 1 LV ATF HP with the Blue Label.  19417577.

Could not be happier. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Informed Opinion:

Fully grasp getting the TSB done.  When I dig into the chemistry of the  Mobil 1 LV ATF HP vs Amsoil Signature Series ATL the Amsoil is at least 50% PAO based while M1 ATF is  at least 60% highly refined petroleum.  The Viscosity Index ( VI )  is not that far apart but 157 for M1 LV HP vs 161 for ATL.   Mobil 1 is getting there by pour point depressants and viscosity index improvers ( polymers that will give up the ghost). Amsoil is relying on the very high VI base oil thats GRP IV not GRP III.  

That means over the life of the fluid the Amsoil is going to be more viscosity stable, more resistant to high and low temps . If the dealer buys me the Mobil 1 I would run it and test it.   It will be fine until the lower quality base oil and VI and PPD get stressed and by the temps my 8 speed runs that won't be long. 

• Like 2

On 12/26/2021 at 11:38 AM, LightProbs said:

Thanks.

Contact  Black02Silverado Amsoil site sponsor here. He can answer that question. 

• Like 2

Not sure how I missed this post.  I try to keep on here and up to date but seems things slip by.

I have talked to other AMSOIL dealers and they have had customers that have switched over to AMSOIL's ATL fluid which is the Signature Series and are not having any issues. 

The difference in the OE fluid and the Signature Series is the base oil used.  That is why the OE is less expensive.  To me if you are going to service your transmission, and as often as you service it, just use the Signature Series and don't look back.  I feel that is why I have had great success with all my vehicles is because I switch them over to SS within the first 5k miles of owning them.  My 2019 Silverado didn't get switched over until 25k miles because I was hoping to be able to do it myself.  But ran out of time and wanted it down so I just had the dealer install it for me.

I understand warranty and that most want to follow GM's recommendations but would really like to find someone that is having the 8sp shudder early on and switch over to see how it turns out.

• Like 1

MY 2 cents on Amsoil OE trans fluid.

I did a drain and fill on our 19 Hyundai Santa Fe with Amsoil OE trans fluid. It holds 6.87 quarts. I got 4 quarts out on a drain. 

It shifts better and is smoother. 

I will stick with the OE line because I change fluids more often. Going to switch the motor oil to OE on the next change.

Edited by diyer2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1