I have a 2021 6.2 Chevy Silverado, and just did a muffler and flapper delete. Sounds amazing but is way to loud on the highway and drones way too much for me. I am wanting to put a muffler back on but I want one that is as loud as I can get with no drone. I was looking at the Flowmaster 50 Delta Flow, the 40 series delta flow, or a Magnaflow 22 inch muffler... I am wondering the pros and cons of all of these, if they drone, and how loud they really are. I have watched a bunch of Youtube videos on them and they just don't do a justice for how loud the drone is. If you guys have any other suggestions for what to put on there I am open! Thank you!

On 11/25/2022 at 11:00 AM, Cody G said:

I have a 2021 6.2 Chevy Silverado, and just did a muffler and flapper delete. Sounds amazing but is way to loud on the highway and drones way too much for me. I am wanting to put a muffler back on but I want one that is as loud as I can get with no drone. I was looking at the Flowmaster 50 Delta Flow, the 40 series delta flow, or a Magnaflow 22 inch muffler... I am wondering the pros and cons of all of these, if they drone, and how loud they really are. I have watched a bunch of Youtube videos on them and they just don't do a justice for how loud the drone is. If you guys have any other suggestions for what to put on there I am open! Thank you!

Some people claim there’s mail order exhaust that eliminates drone. I haven’t witnessed the noise changing magic yet. With cylinder deactivation engines the exhaust sounds are going to change. The modern idea today with true duals is adding an equalizing cross over. A drone maker. I’ve been doing duals on my rides since the 70s. The best sound in my opinion is unequal exhaust (no cross over) 21/4- 21/2 exhaust and glass packs. Yes I’ll sacrifice a few ponies for the sound. The cheapest way if it’s still possible. Shut off the cylinder deactivation put the muffler of your choice. Exhaust noise or music is a personal thing.

• Like 1

I've got a 3" 26" long Jones Muffler *coughnotaMagnaflowbecauseitisn'tstampedMagnaflowcough* on my Silverado 5.3L 8 speed.  Eliminated the flapper too.  There is a tiny bit of drone at certain throttle conditions around 40mph when it seems like the truck is sitting between gears.  It's not terrible and it's a speed I rarely seem to maintain on surface roads.  98% of the time I have no issues and at highway speeds it isn't even noticeable.  I drive 45 minutes on the highway each way 3-4 days a week.

Black Widow Venom 250 is what I have on my 15 6.2L.

Also had the flapper and resonater cut out.   V4 drone can get annoying when city cruising and also when cruising 55-60mph.

Quiet on the highway whether you're going 70 or 85.

Check my YouTube channel SierraNick62 for videos. 

On 12/6/2022 at 7:07 AM, SkiDooNick700 said:

Black Widow Venom 250 is what I have on my 15 6.2L.

Also had the flapper and resonater cut out.   V4 drone can get annoying when city cruising and also when cruising 55-60mph.

Quiet on the highway whether you're going 70 or 85.

Check my YouTube channel SierraNick62 for videos. 

When you drive on the highway is there any drone at all… with my current setup on the highway it can get so loud at certain rpms that it can interfere with conversations. I want it to sound good but I also want to be able to have conversations without yelling inside…

On 12/11/2022 at 1:55 AM, Cody G said:

When you drive on the highway is there any drone at all… with my current setup on the highway it can get so loud at certain rpms that it can interfere with conversations. I want it to sound good but I also want to be able to have conversations without yelling inside…

It does NOT drone on the highway no matter if you're going 65mph or 85mph.  My truck does around 1700-1800rpm.  You get very little sound from it. 

When I tow my pontoon, a lot of times I leave it in M7 so it's not going in and out of 8th.  In 7th it's doing like 2200 rpm I think at highway speed and you hear it for sure then,  however I wouldn't say it's a drone as much as it is just the sound of the exhaust under load. 

My past experience with drone was an Avalanche with a Flowmaster 40 - good lord that was not fun on the highway.