GMC blacks out the Canyon with Nightfall Edition

Zane

canyon_nightfall1.jpeg

By Zane Merva

Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

1/8/2015

GMC is introducing a special edition, blacked out, Canyon during the 2015 model year. The Canyon Nightfall Edition is set to appeal to drivers who want an upscale, stylized, all black midsize pickup.

canyon_nightfall2.jpeg

The Canyon Nightfall edition will be offered on SLE Crew Cab models, both 2WD and 4WD. It will only be available in Onyx Black.

The Nightfall Edition will include:

• A unique black grille
  • black assist steps
  • factory spray-in bedliner
  • 18-inch multi-spoke aluminum wheels with Dark Argent painted inserts

• polished exhaust tip

• automatic climate control

• remote start

This is on top of the standard features included on the Canyon:

• Rear vision camera
  • eight-inch touch screen GMC IntelliLink system
  • OnStar with 4G LTE
  • Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror

• remote keyless entry

• leather wrapped steering wheel

• SiriusXM Radio

Owners will be able to choose from both the I4 and V6 engines that are offered in the Canyon. The Nightfall Edition goes on sale during the first quarter of 2015

canyon_nightfall3.jpegcanyon_nightfall4.jpeg

canyon_nightfall1.jpeg

canyon_nightfall2.jpeg

canyon_nightfall3.jpeg

canyon_nightfall4.jpeg

canyon_nightfall1.jpeg

canyon_nightfall2.jpeg

canyon_nightfall3.jpeg

canyon_nightfall4.jpeg

canyon_nightfall1.jpeg

canyon_nightfall2.jpeg

canyon_nightfall3.jpeg

canyon_nightfall4.jpeg

Yawn. Wake me up when the CTS-Vsport engine is under the hood (LF3 twin turbo) and there is a Syclone badge down the side of a slightly lowered ext.cab 2wd or 4wd Canyon.

Why not just call it a Denali.....

Everyone knows Denali is much more than that... :rolleyes:

Yawn. Wake me up when the CTS-Vsport engine is under the hood (LF3 twin turbo) and there is a Syclone badge down the side of a slightly lowered ext.cab 2wd or 4wd Canyon.

Everyone knows Denali is much more than that... :rolleyes:

Reg cab, short box. turbo V6 powered Syclone with AWD, decked out interior with center console and bucket seats. It's not a hard equation GM. Just figure it out.

Reg cab, short box. turbo V6 powered Syclone with AWD, decked out interior with center console and bucket seats. It's not a hard equation GM. Just figure it out.

But it's something people WOULD want, so it's a no go. I'd like to see it though, even if in limited runs.

a Denali has its own special look; and If GM IS going to make a Canyon Denali, it needs to have that special look, as well as features you can ONLY get with the Denali Trim Level.

"upscale, stylized, all black midsize pickup." = special look.

I kind of like the idea of the mid sized trucks... but when it's almost 40 grand for the truck why wouldnt I just go buy the full size version.

1. $8,000 difference in price for similar options The $40K setup in a mid sized would be $48K in the full sized. (sure there are discounts, but the mid-sized will have discounts soon too)

2. Smaller truck, not everyone wants a large truck. Many suburbs and cities just don't work well with larger vehicles.

3. MPG, nuff said.

Besides, the "mid sized" today is as large as the full sized from 10-15 years ago.

@ 3:00 he compares the Canyon to older trucks....

Archived