2019 Silverado Focus – Fuel Saving Technology - Facts, Specs, Images

Gorehamj

28 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

In the drag racing world it's a general rule that for every 100lbs you lighten the vehicle you'll take off a tenth of a second in the 1/4 mile.  Based on that 450lbs is about half a second, or about .45 seconds.  Have you ever been to the track and ran your truck by yourself then with 400 lbs added.  It definitely makes a diff.  When I used to race my TBSS I'd pull the back seats out for about 150lb weight loss.  It helped. 

I don't disagree with that for a drag car...but these are fully loaded (i.e. wasted weight, not tuned for drag racing) trucks...the impact to a stripped down 2000 lb car with 700hp+ vs a 7000 lb truck that is less than 400 hp (and not tuned for drag racing) is completely different...the ratio just isn't the same...that is all I am saying...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, spenpet said:

I don't disagree with that for a drag car...but these are fully loaded (i.e. wasted weight, not tuned for drag racing) trucks...the impact to a stripped down 2000 lb car with 700hp+ vs a 7000 lb truck that is less than 400 hp (and not tuned for drag racing) is completely different...the ratio just isn't the same...that is all I am saying...

It held true for my 4900lb 390 hp vehicle.  It's not that far from a 355hp 5200lb truck. 

i do find it a little funny that most guys saying the 5.3 is adequate are older gentleman ( and i say this with sincerity) not in a malicious way . 

Yes, these trucks of today blow the 70's and 80's trucks away when it comes to everything.

But who is comparing a 2018 5.3 Silverado to a 1988 5.7 Silverado ?  lol 

Are we taking steps backwards ? 

All i'm saying is that the 5.3 has the lowest HP & TQ vs the other 5 liter manufactures. 

Here is to hoping the new 5.3 is 390HP and 400 LB TQ . 

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

People are failing to realize that more gears have been added in the transmission. Same HP more gears better performance. Properly tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true statesmen 

2 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

i do find it a little funny that most guys saying the 5.3 is adequate are older gentleman ( and i say this with sincerity) not in a malicious way . 

Yes, these trucks of today blow the 70's and 80's trucks away when it comes to everything.

But who is comparing a 2018 5.3 Silverado to a 1988 5.7 Silverado ?  lol 

Are we taking steps backwards ? 

All i'm saying is that the 5.3 has the lowest HP & TQ vs the other 5 liter manufactures. 

Here is to hoping the new 5.3 is 390HP and 400 LB TQ . 

What current 1500 truck does the current 5.3 Silverado lose to in a drag race? 

On 2/2/2018 at 6:07 AM, pickmeup said:

Maybe when GMC unveils the 19 in March they will release h.p. numbers. Highly doubt more h.p. is on GM list for 19 but you never know. No other mfg. is giving it much priority from what I have read so far.

I’m hoping more HP is on their list. With Ford increasing HP in all their engines, GM will want to hang in. I hope the 5.3 and especially the 6.2 (I won’t own a 5.3 again) gain more power and TQ. I wanna see the 6.2 be more of a monster because ‘Merica

On 2/2/2018 at 9:35 AM, KARNUT said:

People are failing to realize that more gears have been added in the transmission. Same HP more gears better performance. Properly tuned.

You seriously think GM will make a transmission that doesn't shift like a wet noodle? The only way it'll shift right is after Black Bear or another tuner has their way with it.

You seriously think GM will make a transmission that doesn't shift like a wet noodle? The only way it'll shift right is after Black Bear or another tuner has their way with it.

That’s where the properly tuned comes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I think GM is going to announce the 4x4 models will have true 4wd LO replaced by an “electronically simulated” 4wd LO called creep, crawl, or trail mode. This is according to an emailed survey I just took from GM. My guess is this change to the transfer case is part of weight and cost savings and also to help improve fuel economy. In some ways it makes sense, but dang it still feels like they are castrating a 4x4 truck. I’m am sure this will help put power to the ground in terms of acceleration.

Archived