Chevy Silverado 2014 and GMC Sierra 2014

The Chevy Silverado 2014 and GMC Sierra 2014 models look again a plethora of updates in design. Word is that the trucks will be on an all-new chassis that maintains rigidity but with newer designs sheds weight. It seems as though the GM engineers are taking on weight savings as a priority for the new trucks as much as the design team has been working on aerodynamics in order to cut down overall drag at highway speeds. More than likely we will still see similar width of the truck with the front fascia containing smooth lines and actuated vents that close at highway speeds in order to move more air around the truck creating less drag. As for the engines it will be going in to the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado we might see a base model engine similar to that used in the 2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS. It may keep the 323 hp or they may sacrifice some horsepower in order to deliver more torque. There is word however that the GM engineers have been working on a six cylinder with forced induction and direct injection that will deliver fuel economy of a six cylinder but the power of an eight cylinder. As far as the eight cylinder engines we will see similar technology used in the 2014 Chevy Corvette that uses direct injection and higher compression ratios in order to achieve more power through lesson liters. And finally word is that the trucks will also receive an eight speed transmission in order to keep the engine revs low.

2014-Chevy-Silverado2.jpg

Chevy Silverado 2014 Raptor Hunter?

http://gearheads.org...silverado-2014/

I found this and maybe some of this is in the new 2014 Silverado.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plus the 8 speeds won't be ready at launch. May be a year or two afterwards...when all the other manufacturers have moved on to the next piece transmission technology.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Plus the 8 speeds won't be ready at launch. May be a year or two afterwards...when all the other manufacturers have moved on to the next piece transmission technology.

Where have you read the 8 speed won't be available at launch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of people are complaining the 6 speeds are 'busy' and shift too often. Now you want an 8 speed?

The trucks are coming with 8 speeds so it isn't a matter of want. And like I've written dozens of times, locking out 6th or even 5th in town makes the truck so much better to drive. And on the highway I'd never be able to go back to a 4 speed, the 6 just makes such better use of power.

Where have you read the 8 speed won't be available at launch?

I've read that it won't be available in almost all of the articles that contain spy shots...

I'm just a nobody but the 8 spd auto? Looks to be on schedule.

4.7 LS based DI NA V6. 300+ HP.

Mid 5L displacement V8 also NA and DI, 6.2L power levels will be the only 1500 V8.

6.2 goes to the HD line up.

Really, REALLY hoping for the 4.5L DMax to show up in an NHT 1500. If so, my '11 will be for sale.

6' box available for 1500 crew cabs.

• 2 weeks later...

6 ft bed would be nice but that would be cutting close to fitting in the garage. HMMM time for a new house with a larger garage/pole barn???

6 ft bed would be nice but that would be cutting close to fitting in the garage. HMMM time for a new house with a larger garage/pole barn???

Archived