Would it not be easier to sell the truck and buy one with the motor you want? Or wait of a 2020 where you can spec the L87 in lower trim levels. I would expect you could swap it cheaper than adding a supercharger to your 5.3L assuming you can find one from a salvage yard. I would just trade in the truck though personally, fully warranty, full value of yours on trade. People and dealers alike will walk away from your truck if you trade it in one day and the VIN says 5.3L but you did your own 6.2L swap at home. I know I would. 

Ok so it can be done. Biggest issue is if you change trans to a 8 speed. You would need to change the os in the pcm to a 6.2 file. Or at least custom tune that whole file. As fuel is biggest difference. If sensors are different many can swap. I have a 6.2 in the crate for when my little 5.3 quits. But was happy with the 5.3 and turbo. 600whp is good. And fuel is all that is holding it back now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ok so it can be done. Biggest issue is if you change trans to a 8 speed. You would need to change the os in the pcm to a 6.2 file. Or at least custom tune that whole file. As fuel is biggest difference. If sensors are different many can swap. I have a 6.2 in the crate for when my little 5.3 quits. But was happy with the 5.3 and turbo. 600whp is good. And fuel is all that is holding it back now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

But the 6.2 works fine with the 6 speed right

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

On 11/11/2019 at 12:58 PM, Donstar said:

Your stock 5.3 will comfortably tow your maximum towing limit.  Swapping engines will potentially increase your fun factor but may be disappointing, imo, if you are hoping to increase towing abilities.   Keep us posted on your progress!

This. The limiting factor on towing is not the engine, it's the frame/suspension. The 5.3 engine has more power than HD trucks for 20-30 years ago with high tow ratings. 

If your dead set on a swap, an OEM LT1 is going to run you $9,750 in a crate. You can get a sleeved 427 from Texas Speed for around $8,000, and probably 2-3,000 for your core if you don't wait until it throws a rod through the block. Just an idea. Destroyed blocks are worth nothing, good cores will help you pay for the new engine if you're not going to pull one out at a junkyard. 

Remember, just because you lose 10mph and a gear or two climbing a long grade does not mean your truck doesn't pull well. I can take you for a ride in my 600HP Kenworth that will lose 8 gears and 30mph on a hard pull with a big dozer or hoe on behind, and its the best pulling truck I have ever driven. My 6L tows better than my 6.2L because of the chassis, but it is gutless as slow in comparison to my half ton. I didn't even consider taking the 6.2L on my 2000 mile trip pulling 6k, even though it would have been faster and more efficient, the HD truck just handles everything better and safer, except in terms of power. You wont be accredited any additional GVWR by swapping, you would have to have the truck recertified by a SAE accredited test facility which will cost $10,000+. The DOT, Police and Insurance will only accredit you for the original GWVR if your ever involved in an accident or called into a weigh scale.

Edited by L86 All Terrain