Radio Reception Issues

I live about 60 miles from oklahoma city. And about 110 from tulsa. Getting good radio signal from both places. I haven't found 1 thing wrong with this truck. Guess its just hit or miss on weather or not your radio working. Sorry so many people are having problems with there radio's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

My dealer says they have received no complaints about anything on the 14 sierra. I can't possibly have gotten the only truck in Bucks County,PA with problems. Radio, headlights,water in doors, rear window, dash resetting. Course that would be my luck.

I also live in Bucks county, I took my truck to Faulkner GMC on Friday 1/27. Not sure thats the dealer that you go to, but i told them. they said they didn't have any issues. they told me it was the HD, i told them no it isn't. I also connected Jennifer T who is on this forum and she opened up a GM case.

I have nav and I also have hd radio. Its working great. Sorry your having problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I let XM expire so I have been using HD FM a lot in both of my trucks. I also have the Nav radio and both trucks work great.

In the DFW area. I had my dad's 05 Avalanche for a few months last year after he passed away and the reception was practically non-existant. Having no signal and no AUX or bluetooth options for devices was a beating (first world problems, I know.) My wife's 14 Traverse picks all the stations up in clear HD and never waivers from it. My 14 Silverado (LTZ but no nav) seems to struggle quite a bit. Not as bad as the Avalanche, but nowhere near as good as the Traverse. It seems like it's just dependent on which direction, and how strongly, the wind is blowing as to whether or not I'll get decent reception.

I've also noticed, when comparing the two 2014 vehicles, that hers will immediately start playing a station in HD when its tuned to it. Mine, on the other hand, seems to grab the analog signal first and then gropes around a bit for the HD one before switching over. On the HD only stations, they just take anywhere from 3-8 seconds to start playing when I tune to them. In the Traverse, all the stations "just work" and they just work instantly.

• Like 1

Attention : owners with problems with HD radio. Go to [email protected] or just Google Ibiquity and choose contact us. These are the people responsible for our problems, it is their technology. When you get there they ask for comments. There are 2 lines in orange,choose the one that says HD radio experience. They ask for a station, then there are places to comment. Let them know how you feel about the performance of your radio. They even have a picture of the radio in a 2014 GM truck on the home page. If enough people complain to them, maybe they can light a fire under GM to do something. Nothing will get done from GM so please If you have a problem do this, you paid good money you deserve good service. Thanks.

See updates below. Matter has been explained and fix is in the works.

Edited by klrrdr

I emailed the link above and this is the response I got.

"Apparently there may be an antenna connector issue with these factory installations on that model (not sure if it's at the antenna end or the receiver end). You may want to take it back (again) to a dealer and have them check the coax connector and also have them check with G.M. for any possible maintenance bulletins on this subject. The radio is fine so replacing the radio will not help.

Good luck..... let me know how you make out."

Thanxs Arnold. The company Director just called me and explained this in depth.It is the coax cable from the radio to the antennae mount. This is a problem in over 50% of the trucks, some worse than others. The loose connectors on the coax leave the cable un shielded and allows all sorts of electrical interference to get in. GM is being pushed to issue a recall or as needed service bulletin for the problem,may take some time. I am very pleased that they took the time to personally explain this to me.Thanks to all who participated.

Edited by klrrdr