Radio Reception Issues

So what exactly do the gm customer care reps that respond to concerns on this site do? Can any gm care rep. Respond and let us know if gm is aware of this? What is the rep role when concerns are brought to this forum?

Hi andre9,

My name is Kristen with GM Customer Care. I'm here to answer any product questions you may have about your vehicle and can also work alongside your dealership to address any concerns that may come up. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance to you and feel free to private message us at any time! Thank you.

Kristen A.

GM Customer Care

So Kristen a. Do you report these concerns to gm or do you keep them to yourself. I am wondering because I had a live chat with gm care and apparently gm is not aware of any problems with fm reception, according to the rep I spoke with. It would be nice if these concerns that have lots of traction be brought forward to gm engineers or decision makers in order to come up with a resolution. I was under the impression that it was being done this way. Guess I was wrong

Hmmmmm was at dealer and we were talking about this and one of the service guys said his truck was the same way - but when a friend of his grabbed the antennae the signal got better - this tells me either they have a ground loop problem or electromagnetic issue. I have not tried it myself but he is investigating on how to get his to work better. Said he ordered a power antennae to replace his with because he did not like his sticking up in the woods

Hmmmmm was at dealer and we were talking about this and one of the service guys said his truck was the same way - but when a friend of his grabbed the antennae the signal got better - this tells me either they have a ground loop problem or electromagnetic issue. I have not tried it myself but he is investigating on how to get his to work better. Said he ordered a power antennae to replace his with because he did not like his sticking up in the woods

TTook my truck in yesterday for scheduled maintenance and to have the recalls done. I have a GM incident number. I was told what I was experiencing was the HD signal. I explained that radio loses reception with or without the HD turned on. I sent a message to Jennifer from GM. Hopefully something can be done.

Honestly I haven't even tried FM radio. Kind of a thing of the past in my eyes. Radio around here is brutal though. It's either an MTV countdown of horrible teenage girl music, or country, and 80% commercials.

Edited by VMaxtastic

I called the 800 # was on the phone about a half an hour,mostly on hold while guy from another land made notes and checked with people. My HD can't even hold sitting still. While driving it must flutter in and out about 30 times a song. I am quite tired of seeing the "acquiring HD signal "message" I have to keep it turned way down so I don't have to listen to the in and out and the static when it can't pull in a signal. I live 15 minutes north of Philly,4 major stations, and I cant listen to any of them without problems. Mostly use the IPOD, but I like to catch the news and traffic once in a while.

I did that ,deleted all the presets turned off the HD and then all I got was a lot of static and the stations drifting in and out like they were a hundred miles away. Exactly like it sounded when the HD signal was lost. Now it sounds like that constantly., Going to leave this way so the dealer can hear it. And it says on my window sticker I paid for HD radio, so I think I am entitled to HD radio. The HD radio in my wife's car works flawlessly any where so it is not the area

Edited by klrrdr

The new Suburban cannot pick them up either, proved it tonight at the car show and they had a Sonic set up to show off some apps on My Link. It sort of embarrassed the GM Show Rep to see a 21K vehicle radio out perform a 54K vehicle. So much so he had some sort of form they fill out for the shows he went and retrieved from somewhere and I saw him document it on there. At first he wanted to use the building as the excuse but when the Sonic did loud and clear he was speechless.

My FM is unusable, I agree with some of the posts above that state its not a big deal because with all our devices FM is a thing of the past and you can listen to any radio station with your phone through bluetooth, its just a pain in the a$% and we haves some good stations up here. So whats the point of having an HD radio if it doesn't work, this unit is a $2900 add-on and if it doesn't work it should be replaced or repaired asap. It shouldn't even be up for debate, if we went to a store and bought a 2900 hd radio and it didn't pick up any stations the company would exchange it…..amirite?

• Like 1