Radio Reception Issues

I have a small FM radio that I keep in my pocket when out for walks or on the boat. It has no antennae and it has so much better reception than the radio in my $50K truck . As most, I feel totally ripped off. I can not even get clear reception of a major Philly station even though I am only 20 miles up river. Thanks for betraying my trust GM

• Like 1

Nav + Bose and mine is in and out all of the time, plus I lose local stations well before my previous truck or my wifes Lincoln MKX lose stations.

So with your response i think we covered all the options. So some trucks say it's ok and some don't. All radio options are having FM reception issues and we do not have a fix from GM yet.

So with your response i think we covered all the options. All radio options are having FM reception issues and we do not have a fix from GM yet.

Edited by ace ventura

I have a small FM radio that I keep in my pocket when out for walks or on the boat. It has no antennae and it has so much better reception than the radio in my $50K truck . As most, I feel totally ripped off. I can not even get clear reception of a major Philly station even though I am only 20 miles up river. Thanks for betraying my trust GM

I agree. This should not be an issue for a 2014 vehicle.

An update, GM is involved in this issue, they have talked with my service manager and they are looking into a solution to this, Dealer has my truck and I am scheduled to know something by this afternoon or Friday morning, will post results.

• Like 1

An update, GM is involved in this issue, they have talked with my service manager and they are looking into a solution to this, Dealer has my truck and I am scheduled to know something by this afternoon or Friday morning, will post results.

That would be nice.:

I agree, this is not normal. This is weak reception point blank. My 2010 Sierra could hold my local stations all the way to my grandmothers house (85 miles away). The new truck couldn't even hold it 45 miles before I had to switch over to XM or CD/USB

Closest FM radio station to me is 80 miles,Might have to just do this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RO_rMnDbNw

Edited by Super 8

An update, truck is still at dealership, Talked with GM today they have recognized that some of us are having reception issues and are sending the problem up to engineering. Service manager at dealer is working with technical support, they have told him that not many owners have reported this as a problem. Will get truck back tomorrow and will hopefully have more info.

• Like 1