Radio Reception Issues

I just joined this forum as my new (2 week old) Silverado LTZ Z71 is perfect ...except FM reception. Is there any indication that GM has addresed this? If we all know there is a problem, and I am sure GM does, why waste time going to the dealership until a solution is found. I'm sure, like us, they read this forum... they know the problem. Do we know if there has been any fix that has worked for anyone?

By the way, I agree, In the last 20 years and 20 + vehicles this is the poorest FM reception I have experienced... XM and AM seem fine.

I agree, worst FM radio reception of any vehicle I have ever owned. As far as I know, GM did not get this issue resolved.

I was at my dealer this evening to pick up my new Black LTZ Z71. While waiting I sat in a LT Z71 that was on the show room floor. I turned on the radio to FM and switched to different stations. Reception was awful. When my salesman walked up I let him listen to the static, and the truck is next to windows. So when I got my truck to check over after the PDI, first thing I did was tune the radio to different FM stations. All clear. So it's a hit or miss deal.

The dealer I purchased my Silverado from contacted GM about the the FM reception, GM stated they are aware of some complaints about FM radio reception and will look into the issue. Hopefully, they will have some type of fix.

I have to take my truck in for recall work(sliding rear window) and I was wondering if anyone had had their FM reception issue fixed. I have notified by dealer of my reception issues and would like to have both items repaired on the same visit. Thanks

It is not going to. GM's goal is to sell pay radio subscriptions, not improve free radio.

Right. Sirius/XM is barely scraping by and probably won't last more than a few more years with the way they run. Nevermind how popular things like Pandora are.

Right. Sirius/XM is barely scraping by and probably won't last more than a few more years with the way they run. Nevermind how popular things like Pandora are.

Having a brain cramp here. What is Pandora and how does it work? Is it for Canadians? I see it on my radio screen and don't know what it is. Come to think of it, it's on my smart Tv screen.. Yeh, TV smart......me, not so much.

Having a brain cramp here. What is Pandora and how does it work? Is it for Canadians? I see it on my radio screen and don't know what it is. Come to think of it, it's on my smart Tv screen.. Yeh, TV smart......me, not so much.

http://www.pandora.com/

internet radio

I do not know if its available to you guys but it's an internet music streaming service. You can tell it an artist/song/genre you like and it will try to play music that is similar. You can fine tune it by liking or disliking songs. I like it quite a bit.

1. To answer your question, No. No fixes or solutions yet for radio reception, just work arounds like iheart radio, pandora, itune radio, etc.. These are all used with a smart phone connection. Your phone just streams the internet radio to your truck.

My FM/XM radio works fine....no reception problems thusfar.

Same here on both of my 14 trucks. I have the Nav and Bose radio system. I wonder if some of the people with the problems have the other type radio.

Edited by bearman95