Radio Reception Issues

Just to let everyone know...I did hear back from Jennifer and here is a copy of her email:

Mr. Roush,

Thank you for contacting us about your vehicle concern regarding poor radio reception. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I cannot guarantee anything but I would like to look into this concern for you. Could you provide me your address, VIN, and current mileage? I understand that 1Cochran of Robinson is your preferred dealership, has the vehicle been diagnosed for this issue by them in the last 30 days?

Best regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 12/13/2013 11:44:41 AM
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: attention: Jennifer T.

Just to let everyone know...I did hear back from Jennifer and here is a copy of her email:

Mr. Roush,

Thank you for contacting us about your vehicle concern regarding poor radio reception. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I cannot guarantee anything but I would like to look into this concern for you. Could you provide me your address, VIN, and current mileage? I understand that 1Cochran of Robinson is your preferred dealership, has the vehicle been diagnosed for this issue by them in the last 30 days?

Best regards,

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 12/13/2013 11:44:41 AM

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>

Subject: attention: Jennifer T.

I wonder why there is a line through my post?

Hey everybody,

I am saddened to hear about the negative experiences some of you are having with your FM radio reception. If anybody would like us to set up a case to get this issue resolved with their dealer please PM us your full name, contact information, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership. You can also reach us via email at [email protected], ATTN: Jonathan or Jennifer.

Hey 02Sierra,

I would be happy to look at your individual situation and contact the dealer on your behalf to see what's going on. If this is something you would like us to do please reach out via PM or email.

Thank you,

Jonathan A. (Assisting Jennifer)

GM Customer Care

Edited by GM Customer Service

Hey everybody,

I am saddened to hear about the negative experiences some of you are having with your FM radio reception. If anybody would like us to set up a case to get this issue resolved with their dealer please PM us your full name, contact information, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership. You can also reach us via email at [email protected], ATTN: Jonathan or Jennifer.

Hey 02Sierra,

I would be happy to look at your individual situation and contact the dealer on your behalf to see what's going on. If this is something you would like us to do please reach out via PM or email.

Thank you,

Jonathan A. (Assisting Jennifer)

GM Customer Care

thank you Jonathon for getting back to us. I gave my info to Jennifer

If this has been suggested already, I apologize. I didn't read the entire 6 pages.

I did notice this morning that my radio reception was terrible as I was backing out of the garage. I also notice as I continued to back out that my attention does not clear the garage opening. Once the truck was clear of the garage I went to check the antenna. It was lose, I suspect it was from not clearing the garage and it vibrated lose. I tightened it up and pulled back in the garage, reception was far improved.

JME, yours may be different.

Mike

If this has been suggested already, I apologize. I didn't read the entire 6 pages.

I did notice this morning that my radio reception was terrible as I was backing out of the garage. I also notice as I continued to back out that my attention does not clear the garage opening. Once the truck was clear of the garage I went to check the antenna. It was lose, I suspect it was from not clearing the garage and it vibrated lose. I tightened it up and pulled back in the garage, reception was far improved.

JME, yours may be different.

Mike

the dealer tightened mine and even cleaned paint off to get a better ground and I still can not get my local station that I listen to with my other vehicles.

• Like 1

the dealer tightened mine and even cleaned paint off to get a better ground and I still can not get my local station that I listen to with my other vehicles.

Mine also, checked everything out. Just the way the FM radio is. Sucks !!!

Edited by steig
  • Like 1

I thought i should add an update. I posted earlier about my experience. I am locking in on HD within 5 seconds or so. The sounds is great when locked in. While this is the case in the metro I have experienced what you guys are seeing now too. A neighbor has a fm signal with xmas lights timed to the music. You can pull up and tune in to the station and watch the lights do the dance to the music. Every car watching had crystal clear audio and mine was all static with a little music in the background. Something is obviously wrong with the design or implementation. I sure hope it's software related so we can all get an easy fix at some point.

An update, took truck to dealer yesterday, they agreed with me that at this point there is nothing that the dealer can do to make the FM reception better. Since the radio works in the dealers lot. They have made a note of my concerns and notified GM. I would recommend that everyone having audio concerns notify there dealer that may help in resolving this concern.

Yep, my FM reception is not good. I listen to XM or Pandora mostly so it really doesn't bother me, but it is pretty annoying for those that don't keep the XM.

Do they still use the Delco radio or is it a new radio as well?

I just joined this forum as my new (2 week old) Silverado LTZ Z71 is perfect ...except FM reception. Is there any indication that GM has addresed this? If we all know there is a problem, and I am sure GM does, why waste time going to the dealership until a solution is found. I'm sure, like us, they read this forum... they know the problem. Do we know if there has been any fix that has worked for anyone?

By the way, I agree, In the last 20 years and 20 + vehicles this is the poorest FM reception I have experienced... XM and AM seem fine.