Radio Reception Issues

Gotta love it a 51K truck and they cant put in a decent radio. I live 20 miles north of Philly and I can not listen to my three favorite stations. I will under no circumstances use XM even on the free trial . My wife got me an IPOD nano put about 600 songs on it. That will keep me busy for many an hour. A pox on the designer that designed this POS

• Like 2

Same problem here....I thought it was just me. My reception is marginal at best, CONSTANTLY going in and out of HD. My wife's 2013 Acadia with HD radio doesn't have a problem picking up the HD stations in my area. Im about 25 miles outside of Philly in SJ. I pretty much only listen to XM now. Is there a way to disable the HD radio altogether or a possible fix?

I just drove an Arcadia last night and the FM reception was just as bad as my Silverado. Although, when the stations were not in HD it did sound a bit better but it kept flopping back in forth. One other thing I cannot understand is why the Arcadia got album art and station art and my truck only gets generic FM and XM logos you would figure it is the same software.

Henry

2014 Chevy Silverado DC, Z71:

Worst FM reception of any car/truck I have ever owned. Took it back to dealer and they checked other new Silverado's with mine and they were all the same. Service Tech agreed that the FM reception is not very good. He said he has seen GM come out with a TSB before on radio reception and documented my issue so I would be contacted if GM has a fix for this issue at a later date.

FM reception is not as good as 2011 silverado or other vehicles I have driven. I have the stock audio system and I had the speakers replaced with Kenwood speakers. The radio sounds terrible in non HD mode and switches back to non HD alot. This is the worst audio system that I have had in any vehicle since the 1980's. Remindes me of the radio in my car in the 1980's when they tried puting the antenna in the windshield.

Drove my Sierra and a 2013 4 runner over the same route the Sierra's fm reception started to break up twenty miles before the Toyota. Is GM going to address this concern? The radio reception is fine at the dealers location but drive a few miles out of town it is terrible. Can an aftermarket tuner be installed?

I had a signal booster in my truck back in the 70's. Unplugged wire from antenna plugged into box, plugged wire from box into radio, hooked up power wire to fuse box,never ever lost a signal on my supertuner. Was about the size of a pack of smokes. Seems like we have taken a giant leap backwards,welcome to the 20th century Marty McFly