Service Rear Vision System

Hey new to this forum. I'm having the same issue. I own a 2016 Silverado. I did however swap all rear bulbs to LED. Hyperflash started right away but rear vision service happens about a week later. I went the online resistor route  to no avail. So I bought new gm taillight wiring and replaced the now spliced mess back to stock and reinstalled the factory bulbs. Hyperflash is obviously now fixed but I still have the service rear vision system message.  When going into reverse the wheel grid pops up then goes away to the message. I dont see any reset buttons and I have checked every damn fuse. Really dont want to spend thousands to replace the system. Hoping anyone can help me thru this mess. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2019 at 5:40 AM, bcato said:

... and it seems the 2019's are not immune to this either.   I've got a whopping 150 miles on it - does it randomly.  Dealer says they need to see it while it does it.

They'd be glad to keep it a week if needed to experience it.  

2019030713381658-IMG_0558-338x450.jpg

Anyone know what exactly the fix is besides bringing it to the dealer? Dealer says they can't do anything more after replacing the module, wiring, and rear camera. I'd rather have an aftermarket system that actually works and is easy to replace than this thing which gives me the same blinding blue screen that I can't turn off at night. Truck is a 2017 SLE.

Edited by Locom0tive

• 2 weeks later...

There is a module right above the spare tire on the driver side where your rear camera plugs into. Check the connection for dirt, debris, corrosion and broken wires. I had that message, found two wires broke off they were just brittle. This is the best example I could find to where this module is located.

• 4 months later...

2016, 6 cyl, crew cabin - when I shift to Reverse my display just stays fuzzy and displays "Service Rear Vision System". I am thinking that the rear camera itself got bad because of high humidity, I live in Daytona Beach. I plan to remove it and inspect it. A while ago, I tried to disconnect it to take the gate out and the connector is stuck! I have to try harder!  If it persists, I will look for new cam on Ebay and replace it. DIY style, fixing the problem by the process of elimination, lol. Any advice?

On 10/15/2020 at 6:37 AM, Dan Istr said:

2016, 6 cyl, crew cabin - when I shift to Reverse my display just stays fuzzy and displays "Service Rear Vision System". I am thinking that the rear camera itself got bad because of high humidity, I live in Daytona Beach. I plan to remove it and inspect it. A while ago, I tried to disconnect it to take the gate out and the connector is stuck! I have to try harder!  If it persists, I will look for new cam on Ebay and replace it. DIY style, fixing the problem by the process of elimination, lol. Any advice?

Welcome to the site.

Not following what you are saying as far as removing the camera. Did you take the access panel in the tail gate off to get to the camera?

• 4 months later...
On 1/27/2014 at 10:53 AM, GMCustomerService said:

Hello Binny,

I'm glad to hear your concern was resolved. If you have any future questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to me via private message. Have a great week!

Thank you,

Andraya R.

GM Customer Care

This is NOT something that resolves itself.  As noted in bulletin PIC6220:  It pretty much says GM is looking into the issue and there is nothing they can do about it.  I had the dealer replace my camera and cable almost year ago, and it worked fine until i was plowing week ago and putting it into reverse a lot this message came back, and the picture quality is not the best as it was.  Now its fine.  It is something GM should have addressed by now and offered a fix at no charge.

Any insight?