“The 1980s called. They want their marketing strategy back,”

Automotive News is running a story

Ram pickup outsells Silverado for first time since 1999

And someone named "Jim Cain" from GM is quoted in response

“The 1980s called. They want their marketing strategy back,” Cain told Automotive News when asked about Ram outselling Silverado. “It’s really easy to deeply discount your truck, mine the subprime market and offer cheap lease deals to buy market share.”

:lol:

My old mans got a 2014 Ram and he even admits that my GMC is on a whole other level.

When he purchased it he saved nearly $13000 on it, it's was window priced at $53000 and he walked away with it for roughly $40000.

I paid $58000 for mine and to me it's worth every penny more.

Those are Canadian prices, that may be why they seem high, just so ya know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think what they're doing is called "taking buyers from GM because GM is too proud of their trucks" hahaha.

Would everyone get off the coil spring suspension being revolutionary? Did Chevy have it in the '70's?

Are they counting the GMC sales?Are they counting the GMC sales?Are they counting the GMC sales?Are they counting the GMC sales?

Holy quad post!!!!

And no they dont. As far as numbers go, the GMC is a different entity and numbers are separate from the Chevy

I bet we see a refreshed K2 sooner than later. Wonder what 2016 has in store? GM needs to fire Tom Peters. Time to purge the old GM guys for some fresh blood that is not scared to make a change for the better.

Tom Peters isn't the problem in the least. He is one of the most passionate people at GM. I agree, new blood is good and the trucks will get some tweaks soon but getting rid of Tom would be a disaster. He's been a part of nearly all profitable GM vehicles as of late. Just my .02

I was laughing when I read that... When I looked at leasing one last week it was $459. The ram was $328. I could have even gotten an express for $269 if I wanted a base truck. That's not just a "couple of bucks" and although I agree the ram leaves some on the table in terms of fit and finish if you're leasing you're warranted. And subprime buyers? They're just happy to get a truck. Sounds like GM is whining when they're the ones that won't play ball....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember going in to buy an '86 Chevy truck, and the salesman bringing out a "recipe card" with info and numbers typewritten on it, proclaiming it to be the vehicles invoice. His "invoice" ? About 200 dollars less than sticker.

Now that I think about it, that dealership probably gave GM the original idea for "Supplier Pricing"

Archived