Rear End issues

So about a week back i took my truck to the dealer to have them fix the rear end in my truck. It sounded like a half track going down the highway. They had it for two days and ended up replacing the carrier bearings and the seals in it. I took deilvery of the truck last Wednesday and it drove awesome and was super smooth and quite. Fast forward to this weekend i had all the windows open and i was at my parents house pulling into there driveway i could hear what sounded like the gears almost binding while turing into the driveway, my father who was outside at the time also heard the noise. So i took the truck for a drive around the block with him in it also to see if i could replicate it and sure a sh*t it did. It donse't matter if i am turing left or right it dose it either way but only when taking tight turns. Do you think it is something i should give some time to wear in sense i have new bearings or is it going to only get worse? It's pretty ridiculous for a truck with 45k on it that dosen't tow anything heavier then 3500lbs or haul heavy to already have had the rearend rebuilt once and that was after arguing with the service writer that it wasn't my tires makeing the noice. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sounds like the locking differential? It is a G80? Contaminated fluid can cause that and if the put in any limited slip additive, that would be contamination for a G80 locker.

Condition/Concern:

Customers may comment on a chatter or shudder from the rear axle on vehicles equipped with an Eaton locking differential. This condition would be noticed in parking lot maneuvers, turning, or during locking differential engagement and may be more noticeable when the differential is hot. Locking differential clutch chatter may be causing this concern.

If differential clutch chatter is encountered in a vehicle equipped with an Eaton locking differential, flush, drain and refill the differential with new synthetic fluid, use the fluid part number listed in SI for the vehicle currently being worked on. If the condition returns, replace the rear differential clutch plates and refill the differential with new synthetic fluid, use the fluid part number listed in SI for the vehicle currently being worked on.

Important: Installing any friction modifier causes the clutch pack in the locking differential to slip and miss engagement. A fluid flush can often remove debris that is a contributor to clutch chatter. Adding friction modifier additive can cause a loss of locking differential functionality.

Sounds like the locking differential? It is a G80? Contaminated fluid can cause that and if the put in any limited slip additive, that would be contamination for a G80 locker.

It is a G80. So sound like back to the dealer with it. Thanks for the input guys i wasn't sure if there was a break in period for it or not. I will let you know the outcome.

Well I went to the dealer yesterday and they also heard the noise. The tech said he believes it is the axle seals making the noise. So now i wait another week to drop it off for them to tear into it again. Dose the axle seals sound like it make sense to anyone? They replaced them when they did the carrier bearings.

The same guy that &&)(Ed it up will NOT be the one working on it this time after you tell them to change techs

Maybe the next tech will say it's the muffler bearings. :lol:

Archived