Brighter LED DRLs? Yup!

No additional light output. Looks much better at night. Along with others, I hate the dimmed look of the LEDs...knowing that they are way brighter in the day time.

Cool, I look forward to seeing some results.

Does this brighten the top and bottom row of LED's? I'm assuming not since the bottom row is technically the DRL's

I really wish it did but unfortunately the top row only has one functionality, and that is to be lit at that brightness only at night.

^probably with custom wiring you could make it work by connecting the two strips together - perhaps even the top strip would then come on bright during the day too as your DRL.

^probably with custom wiring you could make it work by connecting the two strips together - perhaps even the top strip would then come on bright during the day too as your DRL.

Well I know that Phil at fastheadlights has something to make both strips come on both day and night at 100% brightness. I just got excited when I saw this thread cause it could've saved me the money from getting him to do the mod when he has my headlights to do a new projector retrofit.

I think Phil has been able to create a custom circuit board that allows this to happen.

I think it's more than just supplying the top row with more power.

If I'm correct, the bottom row has two sets of LEDs, 1 set used for night time parking lights and then both sets are lit during the day causing them to be brighter. If this is true, then the top row only has 1 set of LEDs so technically they can't get brighter unless you add more LEDs.

Edited by icecrm
  • Like 1

They are connected to the Low Beam Pins so they will come on anytime the low beams are on. No difference on the road as these are not high power LEDs - they do not have high light output, only for looks.

Stripe on the diode goes toward the DRL as that will prevent the flow of electricity from the DRL circuit to engage the low beams in the daytime.

I will have night time pictures after I install my HIDs. Yes they will stay lit when the high beams are activated.

These connectors are located in the BCM which is under the driver side dash. FullSizeRender2.jpg

Why does your pic show a jumper diode from the pink connector to the black? Your text and diagrams show black to brown.

Well I know that Phil at fastheadlights has something to make both strips come on both day and night at 100% brightness. I just got excited when I saw this thread cause it could've saved me the money from getting him to do the mod when he has my headlights to do a new projector retrofit.

I think Phil has been able to create a custom circuit board that allows this to happen.

Phil has been showing me more ingenuity and higher work quality than I originally gave him credit for.