New 2015 Silverado Custom - The right truck for you?

Gorehamj

Before we go too far off track, my dealer in Alaska is great, and will work on my truck. I thought the ones I was near in the lower 48 would be too, but they weren't. Three refused to work on it, the fourth looked and declined. I found a fifth 45 miles away that did the work. For that fix, the GM warranty on an A/C repair was much better than any independent, and I needed a warranty that would be honored when I got back home to Alaska.

There are great dealerships out there, but not everywhere.

Adds 20-inch aluminum wheels -- I wish they would get off of this crap and go back to sensible sized wheels and tires (that also ride better). Also pull the truck height back down so you can get in and out without steps, both cab and bed.

This is all that is included with the All Star Edition starting with the LT trim.

All Star Edition
The All Star Edition offers these popular features at an outstanding value:

• Driver 10-way power seat adjuster
  • Dual-zone climate control
  • Manual tilt on
  • Remote Vehicle Starter system
  • Chevrolet MyLink®1 8" diagonal display audio system
  • Rear Vision Camera
  • Rear-window defogger
  • 110-volt power outlet
  • 18" aluminum wheels on LT without Z71 Off-Road Package
  • 18" bright-machined aluminum wheels on LT with Z71 Off-Road Package
  • On LT without Z71 Off-Road Package, includes the Trailering Package, locking differential and fog lamps

1 MyLink functionality varies by model. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth® and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices.

attachicon.gifSilverado custom 15.jpg

John Goreham

Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com

2/12/2015

Answer these quick questions to see if you might be interested in the new Chevy Silverado Custom trim level about to be introduced at the Chicago Auto Show. Do you:

• Expect to keep your trucks for a long time.
  • Want a truck that is as dependable as you are.
  • Prefer a stylish exterior and a clean, functional interior.
  • Want a vehicle that will be easy to maintain and inexpensive to repair.

Chevy says these are the things its designers had in mind when they configured the new Silverado Custom. Chevy started with the double-cab Silverado LS. Then Chevy added the following to features to that base truck:

20-inch aluminum wheels - chrome bumpers - body-colored top cap above the front bumper - chrome mirror caps and door handles.

The Custom has a lot of other standard features starting with full doors and Chevy MyLink with 4G LTE WiFi.

attachicon.gifSilverado custom graphic.jpg

Sandor Piszar, marketing director for Chevy Trucks explained that although the high-end of the Chevy truck line is selling very well, “... there are also millions of customers in the heart of the market who want a great looking, well-equipped truck at an affordable price."

Chevy plans to price the new Silverado Custom 2WD with the 5.3-liter V8 at about $34,000. A 4WD version will start at about $38,000. Expect trucks to begin arriving at dealers in early spring.

Great, yet another GM marketing error, look at the "as shown-pictured" 4WD V-8 truck for under $34,000.

Brings back nightmares of trying to qualify for all the 2014 all-star rebates at my local dealership!

Wish GM could get their marketing department acountable for their TV and other printed stated prices.

I bet the only reason they came out with this "custom" silverado is so when people buy them and then bring that back because they vibrate all over the road, GM can say "what, you custom ordered it that way". Soon all the vibratorados and shake-O-denalis will be "custom" trucks.

"Gee honey, how come your new truck feels like a vibrating bed at a cheap motel when we're on the highway"

"Cuz it's CUSTOM....that's why!"

I'm in Canada and I bought my 2014 almost 6 months ago and I haven't experienced any of these symptoms yet. The only thing I don't like about this truck is the tranny. The way it shifts at low rpms is horrible. This is also my first GM as I was a Ford guy before. I asked the dealer and he said its normal and the way GM made these trannies.

Archived