Crew Cab - Three Child Car Seats?

Can three car seats for babies/toddlers be done in the back of the crew cab? I know they have plenty of anchors and there appears to be plenty of space, but I was just curious if anybody actually installed three seats (rear facing, front facing, mix, etc.) and what their experience was.

Yes, 3 bases/carseats can fit comfortably across the rear bench on a crew cab.

Question is, are they triplets? ;-)

Seriously, though, you can latch them all up and it won't be an issue in the crew cabs.

This is where ford got it right. Headrests on front and rear center seats! And for the people that dont like them, visibility etc. but at least they are there to begin with.

The issue is more with toddlers on booster seats no headrests in the middle

Ryan

Toddlers usually aren't tall enough for their head to be above the seatback, so no headrest would even be necessary. If they are that tall, they shouldn't be in a booster seat to begin with. Unless you're referring to the center console/middle seat up front. Then, it wouldn't be practical for a headrest in the console.

Toddlers usually aren't tall enough for their head to be above the seatback, so no headrest would even be necessary. If they are that tall, they shouldn't be in a booster seat to begin with. Unless you're referring to the center console/middle seat up front. Then, it wouldn't be practical for a headrest in the console.

Indiana law is for a child up to the age of 8 to be in a booster seat and ride in the back. My son, now 5 is over 4 ft tall and in a backless booster seat. He cannot ride in the middle of the Crewcab because there is no head/neck support.

Here is the new 2015 does read headrests

d8e9347a25716cdc41d22cf614da481f.jpg

Ryan

The 2015 crew cab does not have a lower tether in the middle seat.

The middle tethers are the inward tethers for the outer seats. Many vehicles use this setup. They advise not to use 1 anchor for 2 tethers, but the middle can be used. If you had 3 car seats or boosters in a row, you'd have to use the seat belt method for one of them.

I wasn't clear in my first response. There is capability for upper and lower latching in all 3 positions, just not simultaneously.

Indiana law is for a child up to the age of 8 to be in a booster seat and ride in the back. My son, now 5 is over 4 ft tall and in a backless booster seat. He cannot ride in the middle of the Crewcab because there is no head/neck support.

Here is the new 2015 does read headrests

d8e9347a25716cdc41d22cf614da481f.jpg

Ryan

I assume you mean just the bottom part, not the high back type? That's what I was thinking of, was the high back type that are nearly as big as car seat bases, etc. Any child over 4 or 5 in one of those would be close to the roof!

My youngest son is getting ready to get in one of those, and the oldest just got out. My state has the 4/40 and 8/80 law, which is probably similar to yours. Can't stand up in the front seat going down the interstate like we used to.

The middle tethers are the inward tethers for the outer seats. Many vehicles use this setup.

Actually, the 2015 manual says that if a crew cab seating position doesn't have it's own lower anchor points, the vehicle seat belt and top tether are to be used to secure the child restraint.

Archived