Keddie's 2015 silverado fire chief truck

Also front flares on and rears will be on within a few days...

c88f7ec921aa0ddd8d227947cf382661.jpg

And front lightbar mounted....still not hooked up.....not enough time in the day for all these projects...lol

And slimline vent visors added sleek look

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was this all on your nickel?

This was my first thought too... Where I currently live we love our fire fighters, but in our old city there was some serious 'overtime' budget issues...

Love the truck, looks great!

WOW! Seems like you are really into this fire department stuff to buy yourself a new truck and then spend even money on all kind of lights.

Is that your personal vehicle? Asking because there doesn't seem to be any insignia associated with an actual fire department on the doors, tailgate, or front of the truck above the grille.

Fire trucks, including chief vehicle usually match the wording on the actual apparatus.

Also don't see anything that would actually relate to the job on that pickup, just a crap load of flashing lights. Is all your issued equipment in the bed and not noticable because of the cover? Would love to see the equipment it carries if you can take some pics inside thr truck bed.

Our Chiefs have their gear, two extra Scott air packs, an AED, a paramedics medical kit, full radio deck with chargers, road cones, fire dept. scene tape, and hydrant tools.

Sent from my crappy iPhone 6

using Tapatalk

It is a volunteer company and yes personal truck

All that I have on board right now is my gear a air pack and a fire extinguisher.......getting everything how I want it before putting the ems stuff in it.....still debating on a roll out rack

• 4 weeks later...

c602e410875227f509bde896fbfc0ff5.jpg

like the way the body lines pop with alittle coating lol

You only have the flares on the front?

How good does that mud flap fit with the flares? Thats a big concern of mine if I add flares I think my mud flaps keep alot of junk off the side of my truck.

You only have the flares on the front?

How good does that mud flap fit with the flares? Thats a big concern of mine if I add flares I think my mud flaps keep alot of junk off the side of my truck.

Yes the dealer got me the side exit instead of the rear so I'm waiting on them to corrected it before I do the rears....don't want them damaging it.....the mud flaps are 9 in wide and do a good job with mud....driving down dirt roads makes it alittle hard to keep clean

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

1debc3ff92d29e91afd43b4fe5a3ee74.jpgd4062541a430cf3da5b0a97a0ceaea74.jpg

Nfab light bar customized to hold sirens lights and parking sensors

A lot of things going on with your truck, but I just have a question regarding the nfab light bar and the parking sensors. Could you explain how you relocated the parking sensors there? Have you ever had issues with the sensors since moving them? Any other info you think might be useful would be greatly appreciated!

Pulled the sensors out of there spots on bumper ...extended wires...drilled a hole I think it's one inch .... mounted the holders then snapped the sensor in. Works good....alittle sensitive when driving thru fields as they kick down a bit .....any other ? Feel free to ask

Pulled the sensors out of there spots on bumper ...extended wires...drilled a hole I think it's one inch .... mounted the holders then snapped the sensor in. Works good....alittle sensitive when driving thru fields as they kick down a bit .....any other ? Feel free to ask

Thanks for the quick response. So the original wires were not long enough on their own? Is there a special type of wire needed to extend it?

Archived