Nissan tips hat to Chevy, Ford, Dodge in new 90-second spot

Zane

Nissan will only sell them with heavy discounts, which it does with just about all their vehicles. Basically, you'll end up getting what you paid for....

Ford and chevy have been doing for years. OH YEAH THIS SUNDAY TAKE 9500 OFF MSRP + 5500 MANUFACTURER BONUS + 1000 YOU OWN A DOG BONUS + $1200 CUSTOMER APPRECIATION.

• 6 months later...

I work at Nissan in Smyrna TN. The titan is made in Canton, MS. I remember years ago going to meetings with upper management, they told us that they were going to get in the full size truck market & they wanted assembly workers opinions on the idea. We told them they were messing with tradition, most full sized truck people were either a Ford, Dodge, or Chevy/GMC person & many would not change into a quote "Japanese made" full size truck. Management would get so mad at us. Even today in parking lot of plant, it is full of Big 3 trucks, including my Silverado. Most the titans employees at Nissan drive at plant are through the employee plan, which they do not own, they just lease through the company. They have had many problems, frame warping, brakes, rear differential. I think last month they only sold 1,100 of them, the new Titan to me looks way to much like an F150. Nissan full size, like Toyota, will never sell full sized trucks like the big 3, mainly because of tradition.

Archived