Welcome to the all new T1 Platform Forum

Welcome to the all new 2018+ T1XX Platform Discussion Forum.

Current thinking places an all new Silverado and Sierra to be produced in 2018 on an all new platform, code-named T1XX.

How will these new pickups be different than their K2XX predecessors? What new technology will General Motors use? Will aluminum and composites play a role in the all new Silverado's construction?

It's time to start discussing the future. Let's go!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take it your holding off to buy one of these new ones?

Right now I have no plans on a K2 truck. Going to wait until about year 2/3 of the new trucks (T2) to most likely purchase, depending on what is available as posted above. It will be about the same time frame (9 yrs) from when I went from my 800 to 900.

Right now I have no plans on a K2 truck. Going to wait until about year 2/3 of the new trucks (T2) to most likely purchase, depending on what is available as posted above. It will be about the same time frame (9 yrs) from when I went from my 800 to 900.

Sounds like a plan. Your truck is in really good shape so it'll definitely last you until then. The next owner will be a lucky dog lol!

What would be really cool with the frames is if they would skip the wax crap and paint and powdercoat them.

I imagine it may be significantly more expensive, but I'd happily fork over some extra dough for a powdercoated frame.

With that being said, there is no way on the face of the sun the bean counters would let that fly.

I think HUD is lonnnnng overdue in these trucks! Power folding trailer mirrors perhaps? Actually that one would be nice to see before these supposed new trucks.

I think HUD is lonnnnng overdue in these trucks! Power folding trailer mirrors perhaps? Actually that one would be nice to see before these supposed new trucks.

There should be some way to extend the regular mirrors. Tow package is useless if you can't see behind.

There should be some way to extend the regular mirrors. Tow package is useless if you can't see behind.

Tow mirrors do extend but manually. It's about time they made a power folding and extending option.

• 4 weeks later...

Frankly, I think composite body panels are the next step. Tougher than aluminum and just as light. I also think a truck-duty CVT makes sense.

That's what Mark mentioned to me when I talked to him last November. I think GM will go the composite direction.

More Cameras, better tow mirrors, Perhaps we need to get back to the days where there were fewer differences between the 1/2, 3/4 and 1T trucks in the body department - having the same body panels would make the cost lower. I remember back in the 70's the only way to tell the trucks apart was the 10/20/30 on the fender.

I see composites over aluminium - esp with the recent ads pitting steel against i - see the bear cage ad.

Would like to see a small block diesel for the 1/2T + Tahoe and Burbs.

Would like to see a replacement for the 6.0L gasser. Perhaps an extension of the Hybred concept into the full sized and HD trucks - maybe they will have a new and better storage battery by then.

They already have changes in store for the 2017 models - or are the mules I have seen in the spy photos just a ruse and they are not going to be here until 2018?

No matter what, I am going to make my 07HD last until 19 or 20 - she has 85K on her now and is still going strong.

• 3 weeks later...

All I'm hoping to see that my 2015 doesn't have is vents on the back of the center console for the rear passengers. Seems like that is a no brainier since every other truck in the half ton segment when ordered with bucket seats and floor console comes with them!! My wife and I have to freeze ourself out just to keep it cool enough that my son doesn't sweat like crazy in his car seat back there. Also maybe a little more cabin height. Everytime I ride in an f150 of my co workers and get back in my truck I feel a little closterphobic. Just doesn't feel like the gm has near the interior room of the other half ton trucks. I love most everything about my 15 but those two items have me considering going with another brand when it comes time to trade in a year or so.

Archived