Heat takes long time to work

I have a Silverado 6.0 and in the morning when it is cold the heat takes along time to warm up. If I turn it up and put the blower on high the motor takes along time to warm up to operating temperature. So I have to shut the heat off let the motor warm up and then turn the heat on. Any suggestions on what to do so I don't freeze to death driving to school and work?

My truck also takes a long time to warm up. The coolant is who knows how old so I'm going to do a flush and thermostat change when I get the time. The thermostat would be the main reason for your problem.

As far as I know the coolent is 13 years and 88,000 miles old. I was planning on doing a coolent flush and cleaning this summer anyway, so I will replace the thermostat also especially being under $20.

As far as I know the coolent is 13 years and 88,000 miles old. I was planning on doing a coolent flush and cleaning this summer anyway, so I will replace the thermostat also especially being under $20.

:thumbs:

Let us know how it goes and if it fixes the problem you are having.

OLD DEXCOOL will clog the cooling system, AND the fill/overflow bottle. Do a good flush , including the heater core with hose at the front of the engine, Not at the firewall.. ( funky clip on the heater core there)

Archived