Just an FYI for an issue I just resolved with my 2 week old 2017 Silverado.

Drove off the lot and put on some music that had some mid-range bass and my passenger door speaker was causing a rattle that I wasn't sure if it was the door rattling or a blown speaker but either way it was horrible and needed attention by the dealer.

Dropped it off and they pulled the interior panel and added sound proofing tape and wrapped the area they believed was causing the problem. Was in and out in a couple of hours and was covered in full by warranty. Cranking some old hip-hop without any rattle and I'm a happy camper.

Dealer said this has been an issue for years and I was able to find a similar thread on a 2014 here... Easy fix...

I am glad to hear that this is a known issue.....depending on the bass in the song i get a rattle and was just assuming it was plastic rub. Can be awfully annoying when you put on a good tune and then have to change it.

FYI - on the 2016 I had a similar thing on the drivers side. Ended up being the buttons that control the side mirrors. They made all kinds of noise. Break off a toothpick and wedge between all three buttons.. problem solved.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Do not do the above toothpick. The high odds are that you need to take the cover panel off, flip the switch panel cover over and take the switch control box out. Then line the underside of the cover plate with electrical tape (vinyl version) and then reclip the switch control box back into the cover plate. This is where the rattle actually is coming from, not the switches themselves. I can do pictures. I will have some up for the homelink buttons vibration issue soon as well. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I’m glad to hear this can be remedied. My 2018 Canyon has the garbage Bose sound system. I thought the door rattle was some kind of cheesy effect they were going for to make it sound more bassy or something. GM needs to cancel their Bose contract and go with a better audio company. Contrary to popular belief, Bose is NOT high-end audio. Bose is the audio equivalent of IKEA. It’s trendy, and impresses people who don’t know audio products, but it’s mostly disposable. IKEA, however, contrary to Bose, does not charge a premium for their products. Bose is overpriced, low-midrange, over-hyped crap. My old Grand Prix has a basic Kenwood media player with four Pioneer speakers. I paid about $600 Canadian for the whole system. It absolutely blows away the multi-speaker system in my Canyon. GM, can you hear me from my soapbox? 

13 hours ago, JAK2018 said:

I’m glad to hear this can be remedied. My 2018 Canyon has the garbage Bose sound system. I thought the door rattle was some kind of cheesy effect they were going for to make it sound more bassy or something. GM needs to cancel their Bose contract and go with a better audio company. Contrary to popular belief, Bose is NOT high-end audio. Bose is the audio equivalent of IKEA. It’s trendy, and impresses people who don’t know audio products, but it’s mostly disposable. IKEA, however, contrary to Bose, does not charge a premium for their products. Bose is overpriced, low-midrange, over-hyped crap. My old Grand Prix has a basic Kenwood media player with four Pioneer speakers. I paid about $600 Canadian for the whole system. It absolutely blows away the multi-speaker system in my Canyon. GM, can you hear me from my soapbox? 

Agreed, Bose is trash...they won't even publish their equipment specs...Their speakers does not reproduce all the sound in the audible spectrum.