2016 Brand New Silverado z71 vibration 75+

Are pickup trucks designed to be driven on public roads at 80 mph?

My past 3 gm trucks would ride smoothly at 80. Our local highway speed limit is 120 km/h (75 mph) and truck is a joy to drive at this speed.

I never bought a new truck in my life. I honestly made the mistake of not getting to test drive this truck more throughly. I drove several trucks all week and couldnt come to a deal. They had several trucks that good rebates but either didnt have the trim I wanted or wanst the right color etc. The car salesman found me a truck that was in a different state. It was a truck that I wouldlnt mind having but wasnt 100% happy with the finacial offer. So i backed out. The next day the car salesman told me that he would meet my requirments if i showed up that night. So I showed up and the truck was sold..........go friggen figure right? She told me it was at another dealer ship and when she talked to me a few hours early it was there. I thought what a croc of S**T. Before I left she said we found another truck thast everything you want. I looked at it and it was the color, truck, etc I wanted. I signed for the truck they delivered the next day for Missouri. I drove it but didnt drive it over 75+. I had 1600 miles on the trucks before I even got it over 75+. It happened to be on the interstate and I was passing trucks. This is not a buyers fault type problem. I dont care what you say. I drove it and I tested everything but driving it over 75+. 75 is the interstate speed here on the turnpike but its not in the city limits. WIth the RPMS the truck shouldnt shake at 78-80mph. I could understand If i had the truck pegged down to the floor but cmon???? I called today. The advisor over my truck was off work...and the guy tha answered still said engineers were lookig at the problem. Go figure I guess.

I can't imagine anyone ever buying a vehicle without an extensive test drive. Just have GM buy it back and get a new one. Test drive it for a few days at all speeds before taking delivery.

Sounds easy and fast. Ill just ask them to buy it back and Ill test drive it a few days this time.......................SMH

My past 3 gm trucks would ride smoothly at 80. Our local highway speed limit is 120 km/h (75 mph) and truck is a joy to drive at this speed.

My question was any proof the truck is designed to be operated at 80 mph? A lot of people do really silly things.

My question was any proof the truck is designed to be operated at 80 mph? A lot of people do really silly things.

I probably still don't understand your question. My only evidence that a new truck is designed to be operated at 80 is my personal experience. If someone has altered the vehicle then it's a different issue. I have owned vehicles that you can feel when you hit a certain speed. If I don't use cruise or set the alert my truck will easily climb over 80 mph without a hint of roughness. (unless my wife is with me)

Designed to drive 80???? Really? Most interstates are 75 these days. Some even 80. I would think it should ride smooth at 80

I've driven 100+ in Montana many years ago, state trooper on the other side of the hwy just flicked his high-beams at me to slow down.. so yes, 80+ is doable in some states. People in the bay area in California do a consistent 80-90 between San Jose and Stockton.. LOL i use to be one of them!

I drove a 2017 2500HD 6.6 diesel Denali the other day and it had the shake BAD at 70 to 75 . I am going to drive another one but that was very discouraging.

I may have to keep my smooth 2016 On the 80 mph comment these are no longer log wagons LOL 6.2 with mods estimated 450hp at flywheel 8spd trans 3.23 rear end runs 85 mph mph at 2000 rpm and feels like it is just idling.............gets over 20 mpg and looks dang good doing it. :)

post-127028-0-28094300-1476485477_thumb.jpg

post-127028-0-28094300-1476485477_thumb.jpg

OP, hopefully the dealer is able to fix your vibrating problem. There are good trucks out there, my truck is super smooth at all speeds. The only time I get a vibration is when it sits for a week or longer. But this would happen on any vehicle due to the tires flat spotting. Go through the motions with your dealer and document everything. If you hit the 4 repair trips, talk to the service manager about a buyback, demand it, the law is on your side.

You are kidding right? You do know that some states like Texas has 80 & 85 MPH speed limits don't you? Think about that. Texas is the truck capital of the world. How would GM management react if they were called out for designing a truck that could not do the posted speed limit in the truck capital of the world? Heads would be rolling after that PR disaster. BTW, you get caught doing the speed limit in the fast lane, expect to be ran over. Ain't nobody got time for that.

SH130-85_1_jpg_800x1000_q100.jpg

• Like 1

OP, hopefully the dealer is able to fix your vibrating problem. There are good trucks out there, my truck is super smooth at all speeds. The only time I get a vibration is when it sits for a week or longer. But this would happen on any vehicle due to the tires flat spotting. Go through the motions with your dealer and document everything. If you hit the 4 repair trips, talk to the service manager about a buyback, demand it, the law is on your side.

So far so good with the new set of tires. Im really having to try to hard to feel the vibration. I got around 50 miles on it since I picked it up. I been getting up to 80+ trying to get it to vibrate. Its like I almost want it to vibrate again to proof to my self its a drive train component. IT was like night and day the vibration I had in it. Soon as I hit the 77 mark I could feel it. Now I'm having a hard time really feeling it. Hopefully its gone for good.