2016 Brand New Silverado z71 vibration 75+

I recently bought a new truck in Feburary. It was year old that was offered to me with such good rebates I bought it. Was a dealer trade and it has 124 miles on the truck. I never drove it over 75 when I tested it. 1600 miles on the truck I took it on a road trip and felt a crazy vibration in seat and center console when I would hit 78mph to 80mph. I took it to the shop they did a road force balancing and said the tires were off some and also did peco on it. Said it was good to go. I pick it up drove it 15miles like they said to do to warm the tires up. Vibration felt worst. I took it back they gave me a loaner. I got a call saying either its bad tires or a drivetrain component. When does the Lemon Law come into this?. I bought a new truck and it might have to have new drive train components. Fustrating to say the least. I want them to make it right and get me a truck replacment or Im getting a lawyer. Hard earned money shouldnt be tossed away on somthing your not happy with because of a unknow defect. Anyone else gone this far as in getting a lawyer. I've documented each day i called, who I talked to, what they did, etc.

Edited by DanFrost

There are a few threads about buybacks try a quick search. Lemon law is different state to state. Dealer trade could mean they passed it off to another dealer as a shaker. There is a monster thread on the vibration. 724+ posts.

As far as the vibration.... welcome to the shaker club. My 17 Sierra shakes off and on. Still love the truck but she shakes at exactly 72 mph. I rarely see 55 where i live so its not as big of a deal but still annoying.

Edited by Bikemobile

Every state has different lemon law requirements. I did it on my 2013 F150 in California. I think Ca law is that is has to have been in the shop 4 or more times for the same issue or over 30 days in the shop. Make sure the dealership gives you the work order with the dates it was in the shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I been seeing more threads and more threads about it. Sucks. Kansas I just found out is 4 times in shop or 30 days out of service. I think it will really end up having to go through this process. It was brandnew. The 124 miles that were on it when I got it came from transporting it to this dealership. So it was new. I just wondering if the tires were bad and have low spots from sitting on a lot for a year. Cross fingered they change tires and it goes away. I dont see how you can get away from not buying it back or replacing it with a vibration. I love the truck. I havent got to enjoy it very much. Very fustrating because worked hard to buy my first new truck ever. My last four vehciles were all used. My last truck that traded was 2001 z71 and i made it 220,000 on it. Why I got this one. UGHHH

Edited by DanFrost

Dont let them tell you the tires have flat spots from sitting on the lot. Flat spots go away in 5-10 miles and you can feel them at speeds 10-45 mph. 70 mph is a wheel speed vibration. Tires, axles, ring gear.

Okay. Thanks They are replacing the tires I think next. They told me a GM engineer looked that the peco results and said it was very " interesting to him" and they would look at it more on monday. In the mean time they wanted me to coem get the truck over the weekend. I said no I would keep the loaner till truck is fixed. So if isnt the tires it a the drivetrain component he said. OH gosh suck having to go through this knowing i just spend alot of money on anew truck.

Had a '17 sierra denali loaner with 2k miles on it a few weeks ago.

It had a vibration at 75mph as well. It was so noticeable compared to my own truck. Would be so pissed if my new truck did that. For those that don't have it, I can assure you it is a horrible feeling in a brand new vehicle.

A few people have reported it is the driveshaft. Which makes sense on why it's so difficult to resolve.

• Like 1

I can't imagine anyone ever buying a vehicle without an extensive test drive. Just have GM buy it back and get a new one. Test drive it for a few days at all speeds before taking delivery.

x2

I don't know what type of dealer's people are buying from, but the dealer I use most often permits decent test drives either with a salesman or alone with a copy of your license and insurance to meet their insurance requirements. Tried all different body styles, interiors and engine combos of the Silverado over a two day period before I made my choice. And the one I decided upon had a damaged rear armrest...instead of waiting for a service appointment and replacement part, the manager and salesman immediately drove it and another new Silverado into the service bay to swap parts and my new ride was ready before the ink on the paperwork dried.

Dealer's are in business to sell vehicles and once they know you are a motivated buyer, not a "tire kicker", and there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow they should be willing to do likewise or you should be buying somewhere else.

I can't imagine anyone ever buying a vehicle without an extensive test drive. Just have GM buy it back and get a new one. Test drive it for a few days at all speeds before taking delivery.

When I test drive a new vehicle it is to see how the design and model suit my driving needs. When I test drive a used vehicle it is to check for malfunctions! You are correct that a thorough inspection would have revealed this vibration but most of us assume a new vehicle will operate as designed.

• Like 1

I can tell you one very important thing. Keep documenting everything that is said and done with dates and times. It's worth a lot in court if it goes that far and is worth it's weight in gold when arguing with anyone about the issue.

Well, I've taken a lot of test drives, and without actually thinking about it before hand I have never taken one on a major highway, which is the only place you can do 75mph.

I've also asked several dealers if I can actually drive the car for a few days, even offering money to pay for it like I was renting it. Most say no.

I just don't think you can really blame a guy for not test driving the car at 75mph, it's not really that common to be on a look out for a problem on the highway with a brand new vehicle.

come live in Oregon, speed limit here is 55 , 65 at best LOL. and yes, they patrol a lot and will write citations if you go over 72+. Jokes aside, I hope you find a solution. I haven't noticed any shakes on my LT and I don't want to ever go there later.

When I test drive a new vehicle it is to see how the design and model suit my driving needs. When I test drive a used vehicle it is to check for malfunctions! You are correct that a thorough inspection would have revealed this vibration but most of us assume a new vehicle will operate as designed.

Are pickup trucks designed to be driven on public roads at 80 mph?

I had mine do this past 75 mph and it would start shaking really bad. Passenger seat would start moving and everything on the center console. I took it to a local tire shop and all tires were out of balance .50 to 1.25. Tried it today and it drove really smooth and I have 22" with about 40000 miles on the tires...

Edited by jrodriguez_20807