2017 silverado 1500 ACTUAL mpg with AFM acitve?!

Life's too short to waste your time hypermiling. I did not buy a $50k truck to drive it like there is an egg under the gas pedal lol. I actually do the opposite. I make it a goal to see if I can achieve worse gas mileage than the previous fillup...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all due respect..................I call BS!!!!

Unless it was downhill in both directions!!!!

Mostly flat land lol my 50mi was 28mpg and I have a 4.5" lift. 06f3c7fe863bd57918e7b9e5dadac7d1.jpg

I have a 2016 6.2 and get 26MPG all the time but here in Canada the speed limit is only 60MPH that makes a big difference in fuel mileage.

It'd seem that a lot of folks here judge their "full tank" mileage by "the last 50 mile thingy in the DIC"!!!! I can pull numbers like 26-27mpg right after filling up and 5-10 miles to the house running 30-45mph thru suburbia. But do I do that????? No effing way, because I wanna give an actual result of what these truck can do.................not a parsed one.

I'm calling BS on the guys that claim 25-26mpg running 65-75..........even 80mph............................not to mention the asshat that claims 30mpg above.......................unless you have a "gale force" wind behind you all the time!!!!!! I can pull 21-22mpg running 70mph in the Summer months with V8 shut off as long as I'm not bucking a strong wind. AFM ain't helping y'all that much running those speeds you claim. My Winter driving with a 50/50 combo of suburbia driving towing and not towing I get 17-18mpg..................unless it's really, really cold, and it'll drop to 15-16mpg.

I've owned this truck for 9 months now and have put just under 20,000 miles on her.....................all trouble and vibration free. 2 trips from Chitcago to Orlando and back. One trip Chitcago to Baton Rouge and back. One trip Chitcago to Stevens Point, WI and back. And another to Easter Iowa and back from the Chitcago area. I know what these trucks cruise like...............as probably half the miles on my truck are Interstate highway miles.

It'd seem that a lot of folks here judge their "full tank" mileage by "the last 50 mile thingy in the DIC"!!!! I can pull numbers like 26-27mpg right after filling up and 5-10 miles to the house running 30-45mph thru suburbia. But do I do that????? No effing way, because I wanna give an actual result of what these truck can do.................not a parsed one.

I'm calling BS on the guys that claim 25-26mpg running 65-75..........even 80mph............................not to mention the asshat that claims 30mpg above.......................unless you have a "gale force" wind behind you all the time!!!!!! I can pull 21-22mpg running 70mph in the Summer months with V8 shut off as long as I'm not bucking a strong wind. AFM ain't helping y'all that much running those speeds you claim. My Winter driving with a 50/50 combo of suburbia driving towing and not towing I get 17-18mpg..................unless it's really, really cold, and it'll drop to 15-16mpg.

I've owned this truck for 9 months now and have put just under 20,000 miles on her.....................all trouble and vibration free. 2 trips from Chitcago to Orlando and back. One trip Chitcago to Baton Rouge and back. One trip Chitcago to Stevens Point, WI and back. And another to Easter Iowa and back from the Chitcago area. I know what these trucks cruise like...............as probably half the miles on my truck are Interstate highway miles.

You don't get 30? You must be doing it wrong.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Obviously; especially with as adamant as he was about it.

30 is better than my wife gets with her 2016 fusion, and on par with what she got with her 2014 6spd Accord.

My lifetime, right now. Granted it's only 900 ish miles. It will go down eventually. 6e63953219b8564c5dc28853761701ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You sure do type a lot to say a bunch of nothing. The butt hurt is strong with you. You can't achieve what many of us do...we get it...you come in every MPG thread and whine about it. Great. You can't do it. We understand. Do you feel validated now? Stop your bitching and go away.

The first 3 months I owned my truck I averaged 20mpg by the onstar lifetime average. Lots of highway miles. Now after all my mods my lifetime average has dropped to 17.5 and I expect it to keep dropping to 15-16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sure do type a lot to say a bunch of nothing. The butt hurt is strong with you. You can't achieve what many of us do...we get it...you come in every MPG thread and whine about it. Great. You can't do it. We understand. Do you feel validated now? Stop your bitching and go away.

I can pull great "realistic" mileage with my current truck.............I don't need to inflate them. I travel a lot a drive a lot of econbox rental cars that don't get the mileage you CLAIM!!!! And that's running 65-70mph!!

I'm not "Butt Hurt" at all..................you seem to be, because I called you out.

I really don't want to call you a prevaricator in public forum; but unless you can prove your have the "magic" truck,

I can pull great "realistic" mileage with my current truck.............I don't need to inflate them. I travel a lot a drive a lot of econbox rental cars that don't get the mileage you CLAIM!!!! And that's running 65-70mph!!

I'm not "Butt Hurt" at all..................you seem to be, because I called you out.

I really don't want to call you a prevaricator in public forum; but unless you can prove your have the "magic" truck,

I have posted my information as have others. You didn't "call me out" on anything. You are making yourself look like a fool. Think about it: I, nor anyone else, has come in to a thread where you have posted about your MPG numbers and said, I call BS!!! You should be getting better numbers than that!!! You come in and call others liars for achieving something you can't. Why don't you leave people alone? I how why. You are an attention whore. Again, go away.

I'm disappointed whenever I do a fill up and the tank averages less than 20.

Seems to happen quite a bit in the winter, but rarely in the summer.

Perhaps due to cooler weather, winter fuel, more idling, more windy days. I also run 18" tires in winter and the factory 20's in the summer.

2017 6.2l with 8 speed - bought in December of 2016, just turned 5500 miles - lifetime average of 20.6 mpg - mixed driving, cruise set when able, I don't baby the truck at all.

Archived