How disable Ice Alert

How can the Ice Alert be disabled?  I live in Wisconsin and keep my truck in a garage that stays above freezing.  So every day of the winter, on the way to work, as the temp sensor adjusts to the actual outdoor temperature, the system sends a useless and annoying ice alert that I need to dismiss.  Every day.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can't you turn off notifications under settings or something like that?

i thought i remember seeing something like that when i was going thru stuff with my truck...  but it's also a 2014

ok - curiosity got the best of me and i had to go check my truck

i couldn't find anything to turn off notifications under the settings

on the plus side, my heated seats will now come on when i auto start my truck!  :cool:

11 hours ago, Truck Dude said:

How can the Ice Alert be disabled?  I live in Wisconsin and keep my truck in a garage that stays above freezing.  So every day of the winter, on the way to work, as the temp sensor adjusts to the actual outdoor temperature, the system sends a useless and annoying ice alert that I need to dismiss.  Every day.

I live in Alaska and park my truck outside. After walking in the cold to get to my truck, then scraping the windows or brushing off the snow I see that and i'm like no shit. I would love to disable it.

10 hours ago, bc-chris said:

ok - curiosity got the best of me and i had to go check my truck

i couldn't find anything to turn off notifications under the settings

on the plus side, my heated seats will now come on when i auto start my truck!  :cool:

how'd you do that? I also have a '14

2014 sierra page 3-9:

Remote Start Auto Heated and Cooled Seats

During a remote start, the heated or cooled seats can be turned on automatically.

When it is cold outside, the heated seats turn on, and when it is hot outside the cooled seats turn on.

The heated or cooled seats are canceled when the ignition is turned on.

Press the heated or cooled seat button to use the heated or cooled seats after the vehicle is started.

The heated or cooled seat indicator lights do not turn on during a remote start.

The temperature performance of an unoccupied seat may be reduced.
This is normal.

The heated or cooled seats will not turn on during a remote start unless they are enabled in the vehicle personalization menu.

See Remote Vehicle Start on page 2-6 and
Vehicle Personalization on page 5-45.

4 minutes ago, redwngr said:

2014 sierra page 3-9:

Remote Start Auto Heated and Cooled Seats

During a remote start, the heated or cooled seats can be turned on automatically.

When it is cold outside, the heated seats turn on, and when it is hot outside the cooled seats turn on.

The heated or cooled seats are canceled when the ignition is turned on.

Press the heated or cooled seat button to use the heated or cooled seats after the vehicle is started.

The heated or cooled seat indicator lights do not turn on during a remote start.

The temperature performance of an unoccupied seat may be reduced.
This is normal.

The heated or cooled seats will not turn on during a remote start unless they are enabled in the vehicle personalization menu.

See Remote Vehicle Start on page 2-6 and
Vehicle Personalization on page 5-45.

It would really be nice if the heated steering wheel was tied in to this feature.

I think you would have to have the computer reprogrammed in order to delete this alert. Don’t know if that’s possible but maybe the guys at MVI can do something like that, or the guys who help with the speedometer swaps on the forums

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived