Level/lift with no steps, Seat Wear

Didn't realize this was a thing at all. I've had seat covers on my truck since the first month of ownership and have only taken the rears off to clean the bottom because of the dogs once. Makes me a little scared to pull the covers off and see the cloth underneath. I have RB20s that should arrive on Wednesday though. 6" lift with 35s and it's just a bit annoying the little hop you have to do to get in. My fiancé struggles too and my pops looks like he is climbing K2 to get up there so finally bit the bullet and got some boards. Love the AMP powersteps since they hide and all but just can't justify that cost, especially when I've heard of them failing in areas with a lot of snow and salt (yay New England!).

• Like 1

following.. Being 5'10" with a level and 33's, I slide off the seat when getting out. Removed the factory tube step for a more clean look but now I'm concerned with wearing down the side bolster. No wear yet with 25k miles...but I don't want to risk it. AMPs are out of the question as well living up in New England. Trying to decide between the RB10 and the Dominator D6. 

User FHLH is running the Go Rhino D6 which seems to be another good option next to the RB10. Pics are on page 102. Down side is that it doesn't look like much step area..guess that's the drawback for wanting a sleek step that doesn't kill ground clearance.

8 hours ago, Stockredsierra said:

following.. Being 5'10" with a level and 33's, I slide off the seat when getting out. Removed the factory tube step for a more clean look but now I'm concerned with wearing down the side bolster. No wear yet with 25k miles...but I don't want to risk it. AMPs are out of the question as well living up in New England. Trying to decide between the RB10 and the Dominator D6. 

User FHLH is running the Go Rhino D6 which seems to be another good option next to the RB10. Pics are on page 102. Down side is that it doesn't look like much step area..guess that's the drawback for wanting a sleek step that doesn't kill ground clearance.

The Rb10/20s look like they stick out a bit more than the Dominators. I like the look of the Dominator as well but just didn't look like there was enough step, more like a rock slider look, which is cool but not as functional.

As a FYI I've heard that the RB10s catch a lot of snow/ice because of their slit design. Supposedly not as big an issue with the RB20s.

• Like 1

I wanted the RB10 based on the looks but decided against them after seeing several guys having issues with the coating pealing around the slots. Do the RB20s have the same coating pealing issues?

I ended up going with DeeZee NXT boards. They are powdercoated aluminum so rust isn’t an issue. So far, they are holding up great. 

6B877916-B111-4F2E-B185-316AEBE3F99F.jpeg

On 7/10/2018 at 10:23 AM, Penguin VII said:

The Rb10/20s look like they stick out a bit more than the Dominators. I like the look of the Dominator as well but just didn't look like there was enough step, more like a rock slider look, which is cool but not as functional.

As a FYI I've heard that the RB10s catch a lot of snow/ice because of their slit design. Supposedly not as big an issue with the RB20s.

Good to know about the snow and ice buildup. It's too bad the RB10s have the reputation of the finish peeling up. Do you think stripping the finish off and re coating with rhino lining or an equivalent is possible? I hear they only coat the tops from the factory.

1 hour ago, Stockredsierra said:

Good to know about the snow and ice buildup. It's too bad the RB10s have the reputation of the finish peeling up. Do you think stripping the finish off and re coating with rhino lining or an equivalent is possible? I hear they only coat the tops from the factory.

I just got my RB20s in last night, haven't even unboxed them yet. I'll take a look once I unwrap them tomorrow or this weekend and see. I wouldn't see why you can't have the current lining stripped and recoated, cost would be my largest concern but on the plus side assuming metal and mounts are solid it should last forever after a pro coating.