What up fella's.  I've been back and forth the past few months with my dealership in regards to the severe vibration I'm having on my 2017 Silverado Z71 Crew cab.  The vibration occurs between 74-84 mph.  It rides worse than the 2011 I traded for it.   I feel it in the steering wheel, the gas petal, seats and center console.  My main concern is it vibrates the hell out of my daughter in her car seat, which tears me up inside.  There is no way we can take her for long drives in it as it makes her physical irritable and sick.   Here's a video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7giDNI70pTk&feature=youtu.be

Last time I took it to the dealership, they rode forced the tires and did a "pico reading" and dealership stated "it is operating within the specified range" and there was nothing they could do for me.  Funny thing is I actually rode with the Service Manager and Tech while doing this test and both of them said they felt the vibration/shaking but it rides better than other trucks.  Such horse shit.. This is one of many issues I've had with it since I bought it; FE: replace full exhaust system due to bad flapper,  removed "rail dust" in paint, replace mass airflow sensor within first week of purchase, replaced "gateway module" which took 30+ days in the shop.  I purchased the truck last November and am honestly depressed I'm even having this issue to which no dealership can/wants to fix. 

Ive requested specifically requested to speak with a GM rep last time I was there which the service manager said ''I unfortunately don't know that info".  You guys are my last resort, so I'm looking to see how I get in touch with the GM Rep to see what options I have before I get with a lawyer.  Any help you guys can provide is greatly appreciated.

Call GM Directly:

1-866-636-2273 

or email: [email protected] 

I just called on Saturday to start a case with my truck for 4wd vibrations, transmission issues, and rear leaf spring noise that the dealership has been unable or unwilling to fix over the last year. I was told it would be a minimum of two business days before I hear anything from my case manager, but it is the best way I know of to get connected to a GM representative.

Someone else may have a better or more efficient solution.

15 minutes ago, adamj2121 said:

Call GM Directly:

1-866-636-2273 

or email: [email protected] 

I just called on Saturday to start a case with my truck for 4wd vibrations, transmission issues, and rear leaf spring noise that the dealership has been unable or unwilling to fix over the last year. I was told it would be a minimum of two business days before I hear anything from my case manager, but it is the best way I know of to get connected to a GM representative.

Someone else may have a better or more efficient solution.

I calling the GM customer support early last week and got a case number as well.  They call 3 days later and told me there was nothing they could do.  I would have to go back to the dealership and get with their customer service manager.  Complete BS.  Hopefully you get a better response then me.

1 minute ago, RobChevyZ71 said:

I calling the GM customer support early last week and got a case number as well.  They call 3 days later and told me there was nothing they could do.  I would have to go back to the dealership and get with their customer service manager.  Complete BS.  Hopefully you get a better response then me.

That is a bummer. Definitely sounds like complete BS to me. They escalated my case to "priority" which I am sure they tell everyone.

If I were you I think my next step would be to contact the Better Business Bureau and discuss the lemon law in your state and see if your vehicle would be eligible to be covered underneath it.

RobChevyZ71....

I'm going through the same issue with the same truck in the same city....I opened a case with Chevrolet which was subsequently closed by them because the tech rep didn't feel it necessary to travel to Atlanta to take a ride.

Judging by what your service manager told you and what the service manager told me after my ride, I wouldn't be surprised if we are dealing with the same dealership.

I'm about to send in my Lemon Law paperwork as well.  PM me if you want to compare notes.

20 hours ago, parthery said:

RobChevyZ71....

I'm going through the same issue with the same truck in the same city....I opened a case with Chevrolet which was subsequently closed by them because the tech rep didn't feel it necessary to travel to Atlanta to take a ride.

Judging by what your service manager told you and what the service manager told me after my ride, I wouldn't be surprised if we are dealing with the same dealership.

I'm about to send in my Lemon Law paperwork as well.  PM me if you want to compare notes.

I agree.  I'm on the eastside of ATL but bought it from a decent size dealership who I thought would take better care of me.  Crazy how they can just say "the vibration is within specs" then expect you to move on.  Ill shoot you a PM and see how similar our trucks are.

Get a lawyer most GM reps are not your friend. In Florida we had a GM rep for our area that I dealt with that was no help, offered me $2,000 additional trade money on my problematic early build 2015 Tahoe when I was loosing thousands on the trade offer. The GM rep showed up at my Lemon Law hearing with the BBB to speak on behalf of GM even though we were speaking to the GM rep on the phone that handles the Lemon Law cases. I did win my case. Not sure how you would get in touch with the GM rep if your Dealer is not willing to give you the contact information. Maybe call GM no customer service.

Anyway, good luck in trying to deal with GM directly. I tried to contact them about an engineering issue with the tailgates on these trucks (unrelated topic). It was like pulling teeth to find anyone to talk to. I finally got an e-mail back and this dude barely would give me the time of day.

I don't think GM wants to deal with individual customers at all.

End of the story is, work with your dealership as much as you can. They are really your only hope to talk to anyone with a pulse. Be patient and nice when talking to people. They will just dismiss you if you come in guns a blazing.

If you really can't stand your current truck, I'd be looking to trade it back in, or ask for a buy back. That will be faster and possibly cheaper than lawyer-ing up. If you are willing to pay a lawyer anyway, you may as well just eat a few bucks on a trade-in to get a worry free vehicle.

If you decide to go the lemon law route, good luck with that as well. It won't be enjoyable either.

What up fella's.  I've been back and forth the past few months with my dealership in regards to the severe vibration I'm having on my 2017 Silverado Z71 Crew cab.  The vibration occurs between 74-84 mph.  It rides worse than the 2011 I traded for it.   I feel it in the steering wheel, the gas petal, seats and center console.  My main concern is it vibrates the hell out of my daughter in her car seat, which tears me up inside.  There is no way we can take her for long drives in it as it makes her physical irritable and sick.   Here's a video -

Last time I took it to the dealership, they rode forced the tires and did a "pico reading" and dealership stated "it is operating within the specified range" and there was nothing they could do for me.  Funny thing is I actually rode with the Service Manager and Tech while doing this test and both of them said they felt the vibration/shaking but it rides better than other trucks.  Such horse shit.. This is one of many issues I've had with it since I bought it; FE: replace full exhaust system due to bad flapper,  removed "rail dust" in paint, replace mass airflow sensor within first week of purchase, replaced "gateway module" which took 30+ days in the shop.  I purchased the truck last November and am honestly depressed I'm even having this issue to which no dealership can/wants to fix. 

I've requested specifically to speak with a GM rep last time I was there which the service manager said ''I unfortunately don't know or have that info".  You guys are my last resort, so I'm looking to see if theirs even such a thing GM REP in a specific area that handles situations like mine?  Tying to get my options figured out before I get with a lawyer.  Any help you guys can provide is greatly appreciated.

Hello, I have 2017 GMC SIERRA ALL TERRAIN and the tires have been balanced 4 times. I still get the shake, I’m in for a oil change and tire rotation and I I still have the skate I’m going to Kal Tire and if they fix GM gets the bill and some nice words

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would either have to contact customer assistance and either have them get involved in your case, or you'd have to have the dealer get their district manager involved.  They won't just give you the DMA's number. 

Archived