Still love your 2014/2015 Silverado?

i bought my 2014 used in the summer of 2016

i'm still really happy with it and still modding things on the truck as time is available.

as others have mentioned you need to take things with a gain of salt on forums (and in life in general).  usually people who are ticked off or have issues with something are the most vocal ... when was the last time you ever saw a "positive protest"?  ha... can you imagine a huge gathering of people holding up signs that say stuff like "i'm so happy!" - ha ha!  would be pretty bizarre!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No issues to report of with my 2015 Silverado Z71 LT!

Reading forums can be scary because more people are willing to go on forums to complain about something or to fix an issue they have. Your standard consumer won't come here to just say "truck is running with no issues". It's a little like customer service surveys, a higher percentage received will be negative even if that might not be the currect perception of reality.

My '14 v6 ccsb has 67k on it. I've owned it since 41miles. I'm still very happy with it. I wish the mpgs were better since I gave up the v8 but after countless bedfulls of materials and what have yous and handful of toys and cars towed I've never once thought "hmm wish it had more power" as far as issues. *Knock on wood* a few warranty items for the v4 shake and seat movement both of which have been remedied. Enjoy your truck

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

I have had my 15 Sierra z71 double cab for 2 and a half years. I have a few little things under warranty fixed. I'm at 33,000 now and my problem is, i am putting to many miles on it cause I like to drive it so much. Lol

Still very happy with my 2015 Silverado. 45k miles on her and all I've changed, besides the oil/filter, is the rear bumper. I backed into a pipe at a slow walking speed and bent the crap out of the rear bumper. Put on a GO RHINO bumper. It's maybe 2-3 times the thickness of the standard bumper.

11 hours ago, sala0288 said:

As the title says, anybody still love their 2015 or 2015 silverado?..................My previous truck was an 04 colorado, base model - stick shift, roll down windows, no auto locks no nothing.  Bought it for 8500 out the door with 85k miles on it back in 2010.  It lasted me 8 years with little maintenance and recently died.  Hoping this truck will last me as long but when you read up on them its all doom and gloom as far as GM trucks go.  

Thanks, 

Zach  

Imagine what it how long it would have lasted with 'some' maintenance? 

Bought my 15 in August 16 with 1300 miles on her. I maintain it like it's the only one on earth and there will be no replacement. Now with close to 60,000 miles oh her, she still looks new, runs like new and drives/rides better than GM had ever intended her to. A few selected modifications per my choice. Build thread for details and maintenance log/blog. 

Trucks tend to give like they get. Most machines do.   

Hey OP. I, too, came from a Colorado (2008). Loved that truck. Unfortunately, it had some pretty serious issues at around 90k miles (Valves not seating properly, new cylinder head). I got that fixed and got a diablo tune. Holy cow, made that truck even better. Lightning quick shifts, more power, couldn't go wrong.

Recently purchased a 2014 Sierra Work Truck w/50k miles. Apart from the lack of auto mirrors, it has all the same features of my old truck and was dirt cheap, so I cant complain. Love the power and ride quality, though I do notice a slight shimmy at speeds greater than 75 mph. Smooths out with a little weight in the back, however.

What bugs me the most with this truck is the transmission. I have a Diablew tune and was expecting the results I had with the Colorado. While the shift quality and speed is a little better than stock, it still lags when you want to simply pass on the highway and need to downshift one gear. I may need to adjust to it... 

Regardless, when I drive like a normal person, no complaints with the transmission. I too hope to drive this thing for as long as possible!

Bought my 14 brand new in 14 and I really like it but I do not "love" it.  To this day I still miss my 2002 silverado and still feel like it was a better truck.  I don't dislike my 14 enough to get rid of it and will probably keep it for 6 or more years( only drive 5k miles a year).  The truck has tons of power but the transmission is goofy and the electronics in mine like to just quit working with out reason.  Again, these are good trucks but not the cream of the crop IMO.

Appreciate all the replies fellas.  Given that this truck as about 73,000 miles on - and from what I know there are no recalls on it, and the only things that have been done (per carfax/autofax) have been oil/filter changes.  I was thinking about getting to 80,000 miles (so I can replenish some $$ in the bank account) and then do some maintenance.  Guess my question is what should I do?  I was thinking tire rotation, oil change (if needed).  I have read about transmission fluid change and differential fluid changes as well.  Anything else you guys may recommend?  I have been reading some on this site and it seems that the dealer scheduled maintenance plans are a little lack luster compared to what others do.   I like the idea of doing a little more though in hopes improved longevity.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks all.  

I'm also curious about the high mileage maintenance and any common problems. Seems like a valve cleaning would be nice at 100k miles

At 80k miles, I agree with you getting some new fluids in the differential, maybe on the transmission (if the fluid looks bad). Who knows what the previous owner did, the peace of mind will help in the long term.

Oh, brake fluid flush! The fluid is supposed to be clear (easy to check). If it's brown, get it flushed to prevent rusty brake lines. Check again in another 50k miles or 3 years.

2014 Maintenance Schedule

I too just got a "new to me" 2014 sierra all terrain crew cab.  I love the truck, only a few minor issues, but nothing to sour my love of the truck or GM in general. I passed down my 05 sierra SLT crew, Z71 to my daughter for her first ride, it has 285k on it.  Great truck.  I have owned numerous GM vehicles, all have had there issues, but still loved them all.  Enjoy your ride. 

Archived