What Are Your Thoughts On the All-New 2019 Chevrolet Blazer Crossover/SUV

Gorehamj

Yet another GM Crossover/SUV, how many variations do they need? 

It's not a bad looking vehicle, it's just disappointing with the "Blazer" and "TrailBlazer" history that it comes back as a re-release as a crossover.

The real question is;  Will GM start using an "SUV" platform to start offering REAL SS models.

So they have the Trax, Equinox, Traverse and Tahoe.  

This is supposed to be between the Equinox and Traverse is my understanding.  To me is seems GM might be getting rid of their cars like Ford and just have SUV's so to speak.  

The looks of the Blazer are not what I expected it to be that is for sure.

So they have the Trax, Equinox, Traverse and Tahoe.  

This is supposed to be between the Equinox and Traverse is my understanding.  To me is seems GM might be getting rid of their cars like Ford and just have SUV's so to speak.  

The looks of the Blazer are not what I expected it to be that is for sure.

From what Barra said a little bit after Ford made the announcement that they were cutting all of their car lines, GM has invested too much in their small cars to axe them now; and when gas prices spike again (and it’s not a matter of IF they will spike, but WHEN) ford will be scrambling to bring back their small cars. My Aveo might have been from the Bad Old Days at GM; but I get 29-30 MPG consistently, and that is WITH DTCs for Evaporative issues, leaking heater hoses, and a False P0420!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I'd say definitely shouldn't have called it a blazer, but think about it...the smaller blazer isn't exactly iconic. So maybe it's no big deal that this thing is called a blazer, unless we're talking about the bigger blazer from the early 80''s, then that's a problem.

I actually like it. It looks better than the Ford Escape or Explorer. The interior looks like a Toyota RAV4 (which is a good thing believe it or not). The nose and grill looks aggressive yet not too aggressive (like Honda seems to have fallen in love with). 

I'm actually shocked at some of these recent vehicles Chevy has put out lately, they look modern, good, have some identity to them (rather than the retreaded bland trash they were putting out ten years ago...remember that Impala and Malibu? Remember the early Equinox? My lord!).

• 8 months later...

The "real" Blazer was made from 1967 to 1987, live front axle, available manual trans, lock out hubs, removable top, dual tanks option. This car called Blazer has no connection the the real Blazer at all, seems the same company doesn't make them both after all, this new Chevy is totally out of whack. No cars, just crap SUV's they say we want. Total BS, even embarrassing.

• 2 weeks later...

The Full Size Blazer was from 1969 - 1994, in 1995 the name changed to Tahoe

The Small S-10 Blazer was made from 1982-2005

The Mid sized TRAIL BLAZER became it's own model in 2002 and survived until 2009.  (This by far was the best of the smaller blazers.
The re-badged Holden Colorado 7 (not to be confused with the Colorado Truck) was sold in Brazil as a  Chevrolet (Holden) Trail Blazer from 2012-?. 

To confuse matters more there is talk of bringing back the "TrailBlazer"  name...  which would be smaller yet to be between the Trax and Equinox.  (makes no sense to me honestly)

• 2 years later...

This new "car" will only appeal to people who don't give much thought to the name blazer.  All of us who had hoped for a retro 4×4 to complete with the new bronco are sorely disappointed.  The new bronco will be popular for years to come.  The new blazer will go down in history as one of GM's brain farts.  I'm filing this vehicle in my "nobody gives a ******" folder.  What were they thinking...

5 hours ago, Camaro Man said:

This new "car" will only appeal to people who don't give much thought to the name blazer.  All of us who had hoped for a retro 4×4 to complete with the new bronco are sorely disappointed.  The new bronco will be popular for years to come.  The new blazer will go down in history as one of GM's brain farts.  I'm filing this vehicle in my "nobody gives a ******" folder.  What were they thinking...

The biggest mystery to me is GM is letting the Camaro die. Iv owned two. A 94 z-28 for 8 years. One of my to 5 favorites. I looked it up lately. The cheapest entry level of its competitors. Performs well. Unlike the others there’s no nostalgia in GM. Just like putting blazer on a cookie cutter SUV. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What do you think of when you hear the name Mustang?

Yea, the very foundation of "Pony Car" and then.....

Mach E SUV

and in the time it took to type than name Ford assassinated the entire genre. 

GM is only doing to the Blazer what Ford did to the Mustang. 

:banghead: