What Are Your Thoughts On the All-New 2019 Chevrolet Blazer Crossover/SUV

Gorehamj

When I saw the "Blazer" name, I was hoping for a scaled down version of the current Tahoe (like a Silverado Trail Boss SUV)....or an SUV version of the Colorado (with a ZR2 option). 

Not exactly what I was hoping for......:sigh:

As a former K5 owner, I do think this is kind of a shame for the nameplate, although I do like the long face Camaro-like front styling and overall size. If I was in the market for a small crossover this would be it. In the absence of keeping with tradition for the Blazer name they should offer an LS4 variant LT based engine, even with the 355hp 5.3L, would be a nice little daily stomper.

For those of you asking for a new rugged 2 door SUV from the days of old, you have to understand there simply isn't a market for it anymore. People want to carry lots of passengers and/or lots of cargo, not less of both. Manufacturers don't cater to the .0004% of the population that would love to have a 2 door SUV with awesome offroad capability. Take the Wrangler for example. The 4 door variant far outsells the traditional 2 door.

As Steven Majoros once said in an interview, the Crossover is now king; mainly because safety regulations have turned sedans into hard to see out of pillboxes. And it also doesn’t help that boomers want vehicles with a high seat height and easy to see out of, something that crossovers do quite well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look's like a Mazda CX5.

Needs a V8 and better towing capacity. Also needs a ZR2 version I can take off-roading in places like Moab UT.

Come on GM you have enough cross-overs. Make something I can take out all day and then drive home. But with enough actual flat area in the back so I can sleep if I decide to hang out to just watch the stars.

Biggest things I hated about my H3 was the back seats would lay flat and the lack of go when I stepped on the peddle.

GM you dropped the ball with Hummer. Time to step up and do it right.

They will never come back with anything to compare to my '77 Blazer. No frame, but no frame rusting either....have to touch up the snot undercoating on my Silvy every two months.

Same stupid design as my '08 Trailblazer with the rear seats over the rear axle, rear passengers get a humping when the vehicle gets a bumping......should have a Dramamine dispenser as an option. At least me old Trailblazer was a native RWD truck with a frame and transfer case.....this is nothing more than a puffed up native FWD Equinox on a unit body.

That being said, it ain't no gen2 Traverse either, and the gen2 Traverse ain't no Traverse either......Chevy just stuck an old nameplate on a completely redesigned vehicle which bears no resemblance to the gen1s other than they share round tires. Stretched version puts the rear seats in front of the rear axle ans has the features and ride of an Old vista cruiser. At 0-60 in 6 sec V6/ 9 spd.with ave. 26 mpg  with the passenger and cargo capacity of a Suburban, a great grocery grabber alternative to the Silverado and it can carry 4'x 8' sheets of plywood/wall board flat, inboard with the hatch closed which is something my standard bed Silvy can't do with the gate up. Upscale models with active 2WD/AWD switching and dual clutch rear axles can give the traction performance of a transfer case 4WD. And the with variable ratio steering hydraulic front suspension and anti-dive multi link rear suspension gives the handling performance of a sports car.....actually fun to tear a$$ on back roads with hills and tight turns when the old lady isn't riding shotgun. Silvy rides and handles like a scow in comparison, but the Traverse can't fit a tall object or tow anything over 5K total including passengers.

Truck or SUV? A matter of fitting the tool to the job.

Profile.jpg

DSCN0198.JPG

DSCN0067.JPG

DSCN0075.JPG

Just looking at this is embarrassing. It's not a "Blazer" type vehicle. No frame, no ruggedness, just another car based "SUV". I say SUV because that's how people are referring to these crossovers now. I still correct them but it's a losing battle.
So Ford is bringing back the Bronco and Chevy is making another car and giving it a truck name. Brilliant.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have been buying brand new gm vehicles almost every year since 1979 and everyone made in Mexico has been a nightmare!  For example: My 2006 AWD Rendezvous was so messed up, the dealership couldn’t figure out how to fix the alarms going off on my dash and and all the other gremlins. I got tired of sitting in the dealership and finally got rid of it! Several more made in Mexico  horror stories,  but too pissed off to tell you! Buy the Spring Hill, TN  made, 2019 GMC Acadia and save yourself a headache...that’s what I’m buying next! FYI, this year, I bought a black extended cab Custom Special Edition 2018 Colorado, made in Wentzville, MO. 

• Like 1

Look, truck to me is Big Square Chevy!  Blazer, K-5 ummm....Big Square Chevy.  I acknowledge that times be a changing.  As a product to sell.....GM has an undeniable winner!  For mass market crowd who don't need/want a truck this will be GM's second best seller without question under the Silverado/Sierra's 

Lol, that big black mesh grill makes me think Lexus and the rest screams CX-5.  However, with that said, I think if you intend to just make another ubiquitous cross over, there's not much you can do with the styling without doing something off the wall. 

Meh.

Tell you what GM. It's a pretty car.

Take a stock Blazer to Moab and run the trails with the Hummers or the Jeeps. Then run the Rubicon. If you still have a vehicle left after all that, I'll consider buying one. Because when I can I do like offroading and need a trail worthy rig. And if you haven't figured it out I'm not a Jeep fan.

I want a vehicle I can take off the lot, go directly to the trails without doing 10k worth of mods. And then drive it home at the end of the day. And if I decide I want to stay the night I want to be able to put the back seat down and be comfortable.